my sister spends approx £150 on canabis a week

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      milledchilli
      Participant

My mentally ill sister has wasted the last 20 years of her life in and out of psychiatric units. She bullies my mother for money and to impose her will , my mother always gives in afraid of what “Barbie” will do but when I try to intervene my mother defends my sister by saying that she cannot help it because of her mental health problems.

“Barbie’s son was put on the at risk register the day he was born and subsequently taken into care. That broke my mother’s heart .

My mother is in her seventies and she is always as devastated by my sister’s behaviour as she was the first time it happened. She doesn’t seem to have developed any coping mechanisms . She is unable to maintain any boundaries with “Barbie” . I often feeel that I am hitting my he

asibling
      Participant

Thank you for sharing your story.

It seems there are few services and research done considering the experience of family members, in particular siblings. That is why I am conducting a research project looking at the narratives of siblings, encouraging others like you to share their experiences. If you wish to participate and share your story or would like more information please contact me at u1422721@uel.ac.uk. Thank you.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE