My son

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      justine
      Participant

On returning from holiday we found my son has been taking cocaine , he has taken various drugs over the last fifteen years . I have tried getting him to counselling to no avail. This episode has been particularly bad as I new at Christmas he was doing some thing but not sure what. He has got himself into a lot of debt. When we came home from holiday we found four wraps in his room and confronted him. He agreed to go to the Drs but not to any N A meetings . This was Three weeks ago he seems to be doing ok on eating lots of chocolate, but when I thought he was acting a bit suspicious this week and I thought he might have smoked some weed He told me his Dad said it was all right to do weed as long as he didn’t bring it home . I thought by reading different programs that when you are trying to recover from drug abuse it is better not to do any thing and avoid the people who do it . My Son is thirty and I feel I am not getting the support from my husband,I feel I may as well just leave .

icarus-trust
      Participant

Hoi Justine,

I’m so sorry that you are in such a bad situation. If you feel you would like to have someone to talk with who would understand what you are dealing with please contact The Icarus Trust. We are a charity that provides support for the friends and families dealing with the impact of a loved one’s addiction.
      You can contact us on help@icarustrust.org or visit the website http://www.icarustrust.org
      All the best to you. I hope you can get some support.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE