My son and Ketamine

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      charlie
      Participant

My son has a serious ketamine addiction which has gotten worse over the past 6 months.

He’s had anxiety since a child (he’s 24 this month) and has dabbled with drugs since he was 16/17.

He doesn’t seem to want any professional help for his mental health issues and chooses to self medicate with drink and drugs.

He lives with me, my husband (his stepdad) works away Monday to Friday so it’s just me dealing with it. He comes home absolutely wasted and also does it in his bedroom.

He has no respect for me or my home and that I have asked him not to bring drugs into my house.

He has had covid so we have been in isolation for 10 days. He hasn’t touched anything in that time. Today he went back to work and then went out and has come back wasted.

I really am at the end of the line with it, I just can’t cope anymore and don’t know what to do for the best. He’s under SDAS at the moment but has received a letter today saying that he isn’t interacting with them and if they don’t hear from him within 7 days they will take him off their books (this is the third time).

I’m just at a loss where to go next to help him 🙁 Does anyone else have any experience with this awful drug?

ash2013
      Participant

Hi,

I didn’t want to read and run, and I know nothing about Ketamine, only that it seems to be more and more common.

Just know you are not to blame and you are not alone. It sounds like he needs to change his friendship group, as he can quite easily stop doing it (as proven by isolating) but then gives in to temptation. I dont know how addictive Ketamine is. Many people who use it, also use Cocaine, do you know if he is also using that?

Sending love x

charlie
        Participant

Thank you for replying.

I agree, he definitely needs to change his friendship group. He certainly has mental health issues but I don’t understand why he wouldn’t get help for those issues instead of using ketamine as an escape.

He doesn’t use cocaine because he needs his sleep! He has a very physical job and is underweight so I don’t know how much longer his body can survive with minimum food, too much alcohol and drugs!

It’s very scary x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE