My son is waisting his life on drugs

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      angus1
      Participant

My son is 18 years old. Hes be using drugs since 13. He has 2 other siblings the same age (triplets). They lost there father just before there 1st birthday. He has been a difficult child but was brought up in a loving home and family. I have had lots of services to help him, but he would not engage with anything. I had to make him leave in may, I could no longer cope with behaviour, and effects on his sisters. The final straw was paying of his drug dealers. Over the weekend I saw pictures of him and he looks awful, I messaged him still offering help but it’s all my fault and he does not want help from us, I feel heartbroken and cant get him out my head, help

notanotherstat
      Participant

My heart breaks hearing your family’s story. It’s a painful thing watching a family member hurting and unable to help but don’t give up on him! I struggled for a two decades with herion addiction. For me family love is one thing I craved but didn’t get so if your son has a loving family then that is a great positive. He might not know it yet but keep letting him see the love and that will help. He needs to see the light on his own, it can’t be forced. I don’t think paying his dealer is a good idea but if violence is involved then I would do the same thing. If it’s hard drugs then look into precautions you can take and have a overdose first aid kit and just hope for the best and prepare for bad! Perhaps writing him a letter telling him the good and the bad of his situation. I hope this helps some. I will think of you and your son today and send best wishes for your family.

rani123
      Participant

Let me get professional help

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE