Need advice from other parents

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      anonymouse2
      Participant

My son is 18. He doesn’t work and the only way he passes the time is by writing music and taking drugs. He has been smoking cannabis since he was 14 and last year experimented with coke, crack and benzos. He got some help and stopped the coke and crack and bezos but was still smoking cannabis. His cannabis use is constant and he’s been spending £500 per month on it (from his higher rate ESA money). He went to his dads last week (as directed by his psychiatrist) Today he phoned me and told me that he has no money (he received his last payment for ESA on the 30th) as he spent it all on cocaine.

I’m really worried about the scale of his use and the fact that he’s turning to harder drugs again. How do parents support their kids with this? He tells me about his drug use which is good but at the moment he has no incentive to change. I’ve allowed him to smoke cannabis on the house but I don’t want him to bring anything else back. What’s the best way to talk to him about this?

And how do I help him manage money better when his first inclination is to spend it on drugs?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE