Need Urgent Help and Advise for my Brother

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      DN123
      Participant

Not sure where to even begin. My younger brother who is 27 is suffering from sever alcohol addiction. It all started about 10 years ago when he was in his late teens suffering from anxiety. Parents were going through a divorce and his needs and issues were unfortunately overlooked. I believe he tried to seek some help, got on some anti depressants which led to suicidal thoughts and a psychotic episode, where he ended up on train tracks! This nearly got him arrested and sectioned. Instead of trying further medication that will suit him best, he swore he will never try anything again. Fast forward to last year, a break up with his girlfriend triggers weeks of drinking. We are talking a bottle of vodka a day and not eating. This resulted in multiple seizures, hospitalisation, ICU. This was the first major event that opened our families eyes. However, he only managed to stay sober for about 2 months until the next break up which triggered the drinking again. Having witnessed the seizures first time, I was so frightened, I took him rehab. Didn’t even stay full term, left before the term ended and begun drinking again few days later. At some point he ended up in hospital again due to second set 0f seizures but shortly after begun drinking again. Its pretty much been a year of non stop drinking  longest time being sober – 2 months. No one will help as ‘he needs to want to help himself’ but his anxiety is crippling. He doesn’t leave the house. Just in his room whilst we try to at least feed him and monitor his drinking. He is very depressed, always crying, hates himself, anxious, scared to help himself because of the previous psychotic episodes. Doesnt want to talk to anyone as doesnt know how to and scared, doesnt want any medication as he thinks he will have suicidal thoughts and a psychotic episode again. Its a catch 22. I’ve called many places and all they say – he needs to speak to us, he needs to want the help. But he physically cant – he is crippled with anxiety in every way. Petrified they will put him on medication that will cause suicidal thoughts again and make him have a psychotic episode.  What do we do? Where do we go? Who can even help? We are literally watching him die in front of our eyes.

latinmeadow25
      Participant

I don’t know where to start. My 32 year old is addicted to coke, he is also using steroids and smoking weed. His nose is collapsing, he has lost job after job and is now living in shared accommodation because he has exhausted all goodwill from family members. He is threatening to kill himself and has been removed from a local bridge by the police. He denies he has an addiction and won’t access services. His gp has said he is depressed and has prescribed mertazapine which he wont take. I tried to take him to the gp for a review on Thursday and he ran off. He is sending me videos of himself hitting himself, telling me that if I don’t get him a private flat and a car he will continue to use. I am so scared he will be successful in a suicide attempt, death by overdose or in prison. I can’t have him home with me because of past violence, windows going through and threats to my husband. I meet his regularly to try and take him to appointments but more often than not it doesn’t end well, he either tells me this is all my fault, starts hitting things in the car and demanding cars, money, flats. I am trying to hold to my boundaries which are I am not acting as a guarantor for any accommodation or buying a car until he starts to work on himself. He threatens me that he will start heroin if I don’t help. I am beside myself

summer
      Participant

First of all I’ve been there with a loved one. I hope that you listen because if not you’re in for more years of hell.

1. The best person to guide you is someone who has been there himself. I’ve been watching this guy on YouTube and he’s the most authentic I’ve found:

2. This is going to sound off but if you listen you will prevail: look up “deliverance from demons of alcohol” – yes, it means just what it says, and who is behind alcohol and drug addiction. There are a number of people online who do deliverance but if you or your brother is saved he can do a self-deliverance.

God be with you.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE