Never easy

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      kittenmitten
      Participant

I live with my cocaine addict husband. I have learned to live with it and to an extent it goes ok. I single parent our son, always am there when my husband is with us, i explain everything of my husbands behaviour to our son and protect all I can.

I see a future where I get together enough money to be able to get a divorce and be able to support me and my son. I know I have options but for now I feel it is working and I can cope until I am ready to be self sufficient.

And then you have a day where you just can not fathom this addiction. Our dog just died and everyone is obviously upset. But my husband takes it as an opportunity to be as nasty as he can be. Or atleast thats what it feels like. And its at times like these that you see that not only is this person unable to be supportive but that also he is coping less well than you could imagine.

Just needed to vent. Somehow writing it down makes me feel a little heard – as I have noone to talk to about these things and how they can make you feel. I am strong and I am getting through it but sometimes you just need to be heard.

Stay strong everyone x

unsure2021
      Participant

I’m rhe same I feel like I’ve no one to talk to so now and then come on here and vent ,so sorry to for your loss, hope your all OK, I don’t think a coke addict has the ability to feel for anyone or anything, don’t take it personally, I still do tbh , just keep telling yourself your doing a great job ,you are strong and will get strong enough to break away , I luckily don’t have kids with my bf , it sounds nuts but I vent to my phone lol I go on my notes and I write down how I’m feeling and I write as if I’m talking to him directly doesn’t change things but it gets it all out my system x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE