Never thought this would be me

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      shell98
      Participant

I’ve walked away from him he’s hit me and left me with a black eye after calling me all sorts blaming me

d123
      Participant

Well done for taking that step and putting yourself first. I wish I had your strength. You’ve got this. Hopefully this is the start of him helping himself.

shell98
      Participant

It’s killing me zz

donthaveaclue
      Participant

I’m so sorry Shell. You deserve so much more. Have you contacted Women’s Aid or the National Domestic Abuse Helpline for some support?

shell98
      Participant

Do I have a right to? I live at home

donthaveaclue
      Participant

Yes. Partner to partner abuse is considered domestic even if you don’t live together. There is also familial abuse which is considered domestic… like a daughter hitting a mother or being verbally abusive or controlling.

shell98
      Participant

Thank you I’m at my lowest right now

donthaveaclue
        Participant

Not unexpectedly Shell. What you’ve been through is very traumatic.

What are you feeling? Have you got anyone you can talk to outside of on here?

Have you thought about reporting it to police? Victim support would be there for you too.

shell98
      Participant

I don’t want to report it incase he gets into trouble he’s already on bail

shell98
      Participant

I’ve spoken to victim support I wasn’t aware I was being abused how can’t you know?the nice lady has gave me some numbers to ring…I still love him though

donthaveaclue
      Participant

Hi Shell

That is good that you’ve spoken to Victim Support. I’m glad they were able to signpost you to some services who might be able to help you.

A lot of people don’t realise they are being abused. There are so many different types of abuse. Some of it can be quite covert, subtle and co-ercive.

Even when a person is being more obviously abused, it doesn’t necessarily make it any easier to get away from or to stop. Abusers are very good at manipulating situations to make you feel scared to leave or end a relationship.

You might want to look up Trauma Bonding and Co-dependence. It’s common to feel love for the person – especially the good side of them and the person you thought you were getting etc.

shell98
      Participant

Now the anger has started I’m horrible,a mess,selfish all because he’s having to stay in on a Saturday night because he has sat on his fat lazy a** all week ????‍♀️so angry

shell98
      Participant

????hes done it again I’m in bits left me waiting in a pub for him to come back I waited until it was dark yesterday

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE