New to Group

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      samseg31
      Participant

Hi, I am new to this group, just looking for a place to share my experiences and maybe get advice from other people who love an alcoholic. I have been with my husband for 27 years now. He has been an alcoholic for as long as I have known him. For the past year, he has been sober. Only because he was pulled over for a DUI. He went into a program and had to be tested randomly. He suffered a severe seizure as he was drinking at least 36 shooters a day. Now that he is done with the court and no longer has to test randomly. He is drinking a beer a night. He did try hard alcohol again but got really scared that he was going to have a seizure again so just a beer a night, as far as I know. I have a very hard time trusting him. He put our kids and me through hell. I’m so afraid he will start again like before. I get to the point I have so much anxiety I can’t even concentrate at work. I have told him if it gets like that again I am leaving. But not sure I actually will. I don’t have many friends because I keep myself isolated in fear of him starting again. Him drinking is all I think about. I’m in constant fear that he will start again. Just looking for some people in the same situation without judgment.

Thanks.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE