New to this and really struggling

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      maryjayne
      Participant

Feeling very alone right now. My husband has issues with alcohol and yet I’m the one feeling guilty and to blame. It’s very lonely not being able to talk about it to friends and isolating because I try to avoid social situations. I don’t know where to turn or what to do next.

larko444
      Participant

Hope you are ok maryjane

michelle8t6
      Participant

God bless ya MaryJayne, how are you feeling today? Hope you’re okay hun.

huddle
      Participant

Hi MaryJayne, so sorry to read your story. Have you a close friend or family member you can talk to? Chances are others will have noticed you’re down and you do need someone close to share with. You are NOT to blame for your hubby’s drinking. He is making that choice for himself and you should not feel guilty. Has he admitted he has a problem or is he in denial? Do you have children? Do you work? You need to find a hobby/an outside interest. You have to live your life. Your husband needs to make the decision himself to get the help he needs. Stay strong. Try writing your husband a letter to explain how his drinking is worrying you and affecting you. Sending you a big hug.

terrie67
      Participant

sorry mary jayne, i have just joined the forum and your the 1st thread i read.. i have an addicted daughter and have just finished a 5 year relationship with a man who i realised i couldnt be with anymore because of his drinking . Addiction follows me, it is everywhere. I am so unhappy with what addiction has done to my family. It has dominated my life.

terrie67
      Participant

and yes you shouldnt blame yourself , your an inocent victim of this vile disease.

i wish you much luck , god bless

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE