no justifying & rationalizing

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      mr-good-reasons
      Participant

My story “seems” to be a little different. All I truly know is thruout my 40 year (I am 51) history of legal and illegal stimulants I have basically operated on the idea that as long as the benefits outweigh the consequences of “using” Methamphetamine currently and Ritalin as a child then it, for me, only makes sense rationally to continue the behavior. I am not trying to hurt myself. I do not relish being incapacitated if I do not use. I have had my share of problems and difficulties but they have been nothing compared to the nightmares of being unable to care for myself during the 11 year period of my life when I was not ingesting amphetamine stimulants.Please comment on my post. I want to be “clean and sober”. I am seeking some friendly and helpful suggestions, comments and ideas. Thank you! I can be reached at (707) 443-2969. Craig A.

mr-good-reasons
      Participant

If I felt as if my choices and behaviors were affecting the quality of my life in a negative manner, then, would I not logically make those particular changes that would result in a more positive outcome in my daily life? Craig A. (707)845-4335

cant-take-no-more
        Participant

Happy new year Rob…..it’s hard when our kids start making decisions for themselves that we know can end in trouble…you know first hand how destructive drugs can be, however your sons haven’t….try talking to them , and get some added support for yourself. Unfortunately they will get help when they are ready…the biggest thing is to keep lines of communication open when ever possible….I’m not saying accept it, and one thing I did with my son, was stop enabling, and when he used drugs/alcohol he was not welcome in the home…set your boundaries..good luck x

icarus-trust
          Participant

Hi,
          It sounds like you are having a very tough time and I’m sorry you don’t have anyone who you can turn to.
          I work for a charity called The Icarus Trust which has been set up to support friends and family of addicts because we know how big an impact people’s addictions have on the people around them. I wonder if you would like to speak to one of our experienced trained volunteers who would understand what you are going through. It might help you to find a way ahead. This is a free service.
          You can contact us on help@icarustrust.org or visit the website http://www.icarustrust.org
          I hope that you can get some help. All the best.

suzy
          Participant

Hi Georgie, I feel your pain also. Crack and heroin is a terrible combination to deal with. Sounds like your Dad needs help and quick before it is too late. I know all about the problems of these drugs my own Son is in a very similar position to your Dad. I have tried to leave him to it many times, he’s been addicted to it for almost 20 years. They have to want the help themselves and like my own Son it seems as though your Dad doesn’t yet feel ready to quit and get help. All you can do is tell him you love him when you see him, and try to deal with it by getting help and support for your self as I have done. I hope and pray that your Dad will be able to receive help and begin his journey of recovery soon. god bless you . x

icarus-trust
        Participant

Hi Rob,
        That’s good advice from Cant Take No More.
        It is important that you feel supported and are able to talk to people who understand what you are going through.
        The Icarus Trust is a charity which offers a service called ‘Family Friends’ to people like yourself. They are experienced trained volunteers who you could talk with. They may be able to help you find a way forward and can also signpost you to other services that are available.
        You can contact us on help@icarustrust.org or visit the website http://www.icarustrust.org
        I hope this helps you. Good luck.

lay93
          Participant

Black outs** and much**

icarus-trust
          Participant

Hi,

Thank you for posting. Its really difficult that your mum doesn’t want to get help but there is help out there for you. The Icarus Trust is a charity that supports the friends and families of addicts as we know how hard this can be.
          If you contact us we could signpost you to available help and you could talk through things with one of our ‘Family Friends’ who are experienced trained volunteers and would understand what you are going through.
          I hope that this helps you. Good luck.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE