not sure what to do.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      4stir
      Participant

so my wife will return from rehab the begining of aug. We have been married for 21 years on the 25 of july. she did not drink for 20 years. her mother died 5 years ago and she started being perscribed perc’s for back pain. about 2 years ago i found out that she was buying more pills from a drug dealer. we had a discussion about that and she stopped right away. and a year ago she picked up the bottle and started drinking Vodka. about 4 months ago it started getting really bad she was drinking first thing in the morning and all day she drained our bank account she didint pay some bills she would lie all the time.

My question is when she comes home will i be able to confront her about the lies and not paying bills and such or no? Let me say my wife is a very good lady she got caught by the allcoholism thing. we have 4 kids and 2 grand babies. i am pretty frustrated about the lies and not paying the bills and our account. how can i trust her again after all the lies?

bt1978
      Participant

Hey mate

It depends what treatment she is getting in the rehab.

Typically they get people on a 12 step programme and part of that is making amends, so she may come home and do that anyway. However if she doesn’t then yes I would address it – you don’t want things left hanging around unsaid.

It seems to me given when all this started that she is a good person who had something bad happen which started it.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE