Not yet 16 but he knows it all

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      lonestar
      Participant

My son who will be 16 next month has been smoking weed for nearly two years. He can out talk me on the subject telling me how it is legal in blah blah blah. I have tried to explain to him that it’s not good for a growing brain but again he has all the answers. We have called the police, tried talking to him calmly tried talking to him not so calmly but nothing gets through. I would like advice but everywhere I have gone is much the same until he is ready to talk there is nothing that can be done. My fear this is just a stepping stone to deeper and darker drugs. He goes to a “friends “ house to smoke and drink I understand this friends father smokes too, so not much point talking to the parents. He smokes at home to which I hate. He is in the middle of his GCSE’s now but when they are done ( I don’t want a show down which affect his exams) I want to address this again. He works weekends and holidays which is funding his habit, am I enabling him by driving him to work? I know the answer is yes but while he is at work I know he is safe and reduces the time he has to smoke and drink. We have got him to put money to a savings account so he doesn’t blow the whole lot which he has done. I want it all out of the house but then I fear that will just push him further towards drugs. Any advice or words of wisdom please?

eddie123
      Participant

Hello, so sorry to hear this,such a difficult situation, have a look at the icarus programme https://adaptoxford.org.uk/the-icarus-programme/ and we can support you ❤️

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE