Overwhelming

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      elliephant
      Participant

Hi guys, I’m new here, I’m 23 years old. I found out recently that my brother 24 has been addicted to meth for the past 2 years.

I had no idea and he’s hidden it so well. I knew something wasn’t right but I thought it was his mental health getting worse. He’s always had it tough. He’s gay and was kicked out of our family home at the age of 17. I come from a rich white background and I also had a hard time in the house growing up.

I’m just in so much shock and upset and feel helpless Because I have no idea how to help. He says he’s taking little steps, but when he talks I don’t believe what he says. He said I need to help him by getting him to America because the problem is London. He can’t get free healthcare in America and if he’s going there he’d be staying with my grandma.

I’ve tried to get him to talk to the NHS but he said they’re shit and homophobic. I know he’s sold his body for drugs and I don’t know how to help.

I know all I can do is show my support. I just want to know what the signs are and how to see through the lies. He’s told me he’s 2 days clean but he sounded so frantic on the phone and saying he wants to drop all his friends and start a new life

I don’t know this is probably all jumbled and not written well. I just don’t want to lose my brother. I want him to get better and I need to do everything in my power to make sure he can

imaginedragon
      Participant

I’m so sorry to read this. I am the mother of a 19vyear old who is completely messed up. Won’t seek help. I just wanted to send my love because I know how heartbreaking it is. I just hope he wants to break the cycle soon. Good luck.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE