Parents on drugs

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      redheadb
      Participant

my parents are addicted to drugs, it’s crack cocaine I think, and they’ve been on it for about two years now.

my nannan knew at one point but then they’d convinced her a few months later that they were clean, the crack pipes around the house suggest otherwise.

They’re emotionally manipulative and compulsive liars, they’ve stolen money from me, around £1500 and had previously taken my university money and savings, all together I’ve lost about £5000 to them.

What do I do? They say if I tell my nannan she will leave us to it, wanting nothing to do with them anyway, apparently she’s admitted this to my mum. No one else knows, I’m not telling friends because it’s embarrassing and I’m not that close to them. I don’t really have another sane adult to talk to haha.

bt1978
      Participant

Hey

Thanks for posting, and all I can say here is poor you. None of this is your fault.

You need to get some help and support ASAP. What is happening isn’t ok, and is just going to get worse unfortunately. Can you stay anywhere or get away at all?

redheadb
        Participant

Hi,

Yeah it is 100% not my fault, I know some kids or just people blame themselves but this is definitely not down to me haha.

They were getting ‘help’ at one point, going to a thing (Idk what exactly) in town and I know they’re on methadone but ironically they use the empty bottles to make pipes so…

And not really since no one else knows.

bt1978
      Participant

Man that’s full on.

I know that addicts often use methadone and their usual drugs too so doubling up.

Is there any support we can give you on here at all?

redheadb
      Participant

yeah.

And unless you have a spare £5grand then…. haha.

Thanks for replying.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE