Partner is addicted to codeine.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      feliciam
      Participant

Hey everyone. I’ll get straight to the point. My partner of 5 years has had two serious operations in the last four years, where the doctors have prescribed him codeine as pain relief. Being a previous heroin addict over 20 years ago, he was very aware of the implications of taking opioids. The doctors quashed his concerns by telling him that they would look at getting him off them after the final operation. That was in Jan 2020 and nearly a year later, he’s now abusing them. The doctors must know he is abusing them, but are still giving them to him. Our relationship has really suffered. I absolutely despise the person he has become. How can I help him get help? He hasn’t acknowledged that he has a problem and won’t acknowledge that he has a problem. 20+ a day (confident he takes more) and losing everyone around him is a problem I would say. Please can anyone give some guidance on how I can get him to see the light, or is it a case of waiting for him to see it?! Thank you!

worried5
      Participant

Hi. I’m afraid I don’t have any advice as I’m in the same boat as you currently. Husband of 5 years addicted to Co codamol and paramol. Its so hard because I have found out he’s been living a secret life for the past year and I was none the wiser, probably too busy trying to raise our 5 kids! Just thought id say if u want to talk I’m here.

W5

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE