Partner relapsed

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      ajx
      Participant

It’s breaking me I know he can’t help it and he wants to change but it’s taking its toll on me I’m having panic attacks I’m off work with stress my daughters only five and I’m trying to hold us together how does everyone stay strong supporting someone with a alcohol and cocain addiction ?

summer83
      Participant

I am also trying to support a husband who is battling a cocaine addiction. That stuff is evil and it has torn our world apart…. Is your husband seeking help? Attending CA or NA meetings? Having any kind of therapy? You must also keep reminding yourself that you can not control whether he gets well or not. It’s a very hard thing to come to terms with. I am also struggling with accepting this fact. But ultimately we can offer the help and support but they have to want to get well. Please don’t forget that you also deserve happiness! I think as the ones trying to support a loved one in addiction we spend all our energy and love on trying to make them better and we forget ourselves in the process.

ajx
        Participant

Thank you yes he’s been through counselling but that finished a couple of months ago he’s going back but it’s like a never ending cycle tour right it’s an evil drug it’s just hard to think this may not end he becomes suicidal when we break up and now my daughter is old enough to understand I can’t leave I hope your doing ok too I wouldn’t wish this on anyone ????

gemlou
      Participant

Hi, I’m going through similar situation, but mine hasn’t seeked help yet I think he’s scared to go. It’s so hard I hope your ok remember you have yourself to think about x

ajx
      Participant

My partner was nervous about going the first time I think it’s about talking about the issues behind the addiction that scared him the most and truthfully I don’t know everything either and same to you ❤️It’s exhausting x

icarus-trust
      Participant

Hi Ajx

I’m so sorry to hear how your partner’s addiction is affecting you. It’s awful to hear that you are having panic attacks. This must be so hard for you.

If you think it would help please contact us at Icarus Trust. We are a charity that offers support to people like yourself who are having to deal with a partner’s addiction. We can offer a listening ear from one of our trained and experienced people who you could talk with.

You can contact Icarus Trust on help@icarustrust.org or visit our website http://www.icarustrust.org

Good luck to you.

ajx
        Participant

Thank you that sounds great I will look into speaking to you guys

quetalkim
      Participant

Hi. Just wondering how you are? I have spent the last 4 years battling with my boyfriends heroin and crack addiction. The pain we feel as loved ones is horrible. I hope you have left him. I hopefully (this time) will be free from him soon. But we all know the drill. Your adamant you’ll leave but then find yourself back to square 1.

ajx
        Participant

Hi sorry to hear you’ve been through what sounds horrific unfortunately I am still with him and I’ve only just come back on this site because it’s started again more fool me .

quetalkim
      Participant

Me too. I moved into a new home. He tricked me and said he needed a place to stay for 2 weeks until he found a new room. We had a holiday booked on 17th march. Now he’s encroached himself in my home, stealing from my purse. The holiday will be hell as he will be withdrawing and will be so aggressive. We get back on 23rd March. If he doesn’t get out of my house I will have to get the police involved which will mean he thinks he is the victim and he’ll smash my car or windows. I just pray to God he goes quietly. His grip on me as far as guilt and love is concerned is completely gone. I feel nothing but hate and powerlessness. It seems crazy waiting for after the holiday but I know him very well and just will persevere until after. He said he will go after. He is a complete narcissist as well as an addict. I’m shocked I’ve not had a nervous breakdown. I don’t know how people with kids and mortgages are still alive being stuck in this situation I swear. I know as soon as we get back from holiday I will be ready to fight him out my life at any cost.

peace77
      Participant

I too am going threw drinks & coke addiction with my husband but it got to the point where he was constantly accusing me of taking drugs & being unfaithfully at least your partner is admitting his problems & not blaming you but be careful . He needs professional help before it simple gets worse & worse to the point I don’t know my husband any more.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE