Partners heroin addiction. Had enough.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      guest cat
      Participant

My partner was in rehab when we met didn’t last long. – fast forward 22 years and he’s on a methodone plan. This is something I managed to hide from my 21 year old daughter this whole time. Despite relapses along the way. I always found a way. Until last December when everything literally turned to hell. He had a relapse and I can only think he ended up with Febtanyl. He didn’t even care . Cooking up, injecting in the bedroom. It was hell. So my daughter found out. I finally failed her. Now it’s happened again. He lied to me about it for 3 days and gaslighted me beyond belief. . He hasn’t taken anything for a couple of days but he’s been so reactive I feel backed into a corner. Partly because my daughter has an explosive mental health condition which makes her lose it when things are minor. So when they’re not – I’m there just thinking. Say and do anything to make the situation as calm as possible. So I’ve had to go back on saying I’ve had enough and he has to get out. But I have. I’ve honestly had enough. This is what I want. But for the sake of peace and him not losing it again I’m rolling over m. Again. I don’t actually love him anymore. I just want to make a break for freedom. In my head I see Christmas just me and my daughter and not someone there to ruin it. All the times in the past he’s said things like, I’ll leave, but I know if I’d said, yeah go, it would be a different matter. Because when I said that this time he only cared about himself and just couldn’t fathom what it was doing to us. Especially my daughter. My mental health used to be brilliant, I was lucky, now, along with rubbish health, my mental health is failing too. Sorry this is my first post and I’ve woken up just full of it.

Goodtime7
      Participant

oh my heart goes out to you, For you and your daughters sake, get him out of your lives, neither of you deserve to be treated in this way, he is selfish and will only make changes if it’s suits him, don’t be in an abusive relationship, I was for years, now I am free of him and happy, wish I had done it’s years ago, you are worth more than this.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE