Physical pain caused by drug use

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      ardv412
      Participant

I’m making this post because I’m curious if someone has experienced something similar to or knows someone that has. I started smoking meth when I was 18. 6 months later I developed a twitch. It was mainly in my shoulders and arm area. It varied from how bad it was. Sometimes it didn’t even bother me. About 3 months after the twitching movements or whatever you want to call them. I slowly started to develop pains in my hands and sometimes arms when I woke up. It progressively got worse overtime. Sometimes when I woke up I would be an excruciating pain and I would have to bang my arm against my bed to make the numbness / pens and needles pain go away. When I feel this pain I cannot use my hands properly or either at all. A doctor has told me that it’s carpal tunnel. My symptoms fit carpal tunnel I guess but I’m worried if there is an underlying problem that caused it to begin with. Doctors don’t care if they just want me to have surgery. Which would put me out of work. I have gotten steroid injections in my wrist but those don’t last long and you can only get three a year. They don’t want to offer me any other kind of treatments or anything to try to help me. Or either to find out if something else could possibly be wrong. I was just hoping it might help to reach out on this blog to see if anybody has a similar experience or has some advice on what is going on. In the past when I was using I met a lot of different people some of which had been using for 20 plus years and no one I knew at least seemed to ever hear of somebody getting carpal tunnel from meth. I’m happy to answer any questions give more details on the symptoms I have experienced.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE