please help my son’s taking cocaine

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      cadge
      Participant

Can anyone help me, l have just found out my son is taking cocaine at weekends, l am so worried and upset, l have talked to him, he told me its nothing to worry about and he’s not addict, he is 22 and left home l never dreamed one of my children would do drugs, l dont no what to do lm out of my mind with worry l can’t sleep at night thinking about it, l feel like l just want to grab him bring him home and protect him, l have read stuff about cocaine on the Internet and l have to say its made me worry more, please help what should l do? All l want to do is cry cause lm so worried about my boy.

cant-take-no-more
      Participant

It is like an epedemic, and no matter how we raise our children, the temptation is there…My guess is he and his mates do it together…The problem is that they never get that initial high they got when they first took it..so end up taking more and more to try and emulate that feeling….and this puts a real strain on their health. I think you have to be brutally honest with your son and try and sit down with him. My son has been doing drugs for 4 years..he has lied, stolen and got into trouble with the police…and it all started with Weed….He has done cocaine, his last choice of use was Mcat, and that on top of alcohol is a recipe for a down hill spiral….The biggest lesson I have learned through this awful journey is to NOT ENABLE them..that means no helping out with rent, money for petrol, bailing them out of loans they may have……its heart breaking. All the signs were there, but initially I chose to ignore them, cause like you I never thought he would touch drugs….Be strong hunni, there are plenty of parents on here with very valuable advice, or just to listen and support…..Never give up on your child, but with the same token, dont enable them to continue their life style…..hugs hunni xxx

sk
        Participant

My heart goes out to you. Sorry no advice but wanted you to know I am thinking of you. I hope your dad gets well soon too. You deserve better just like me, but you cannot help who you fall in love with and love is the worst addiction of all.

I hope someone on here can help you x

icarus-trust
          Participant

Hi Vejar
          It must be very hard for you to see how your son is living his life. You should feel proud that you have supported your family so well and are right to feel that he is trying to blame you for his bad choices and .
          It might help you to talk to someone who knows what you are going through. The Icarus Trust is a charity that could provide you with an experienced trained volunteer who you could talk to. They have lots of experience of supporting people who are having to deal with addiction in their family and can help you by talking or by signposting you to other help if you need it.
          You can contact us on help@icarustrust.org or visit the website http://www.icarustrust.org
          This is a free service so it might be worth giving it a try so you can have some help and support for yourself.

cant-take-no-more
          Participant

Hey Vejar…..circumstances don’t help but your son is classic..blaming everyone but himself….time and time again I read from other parents how their kids blame them..it’s a cop outs! My son did it, made me feel useless, and he never saw drug use in our house..your girls WILL NOT be taken off you and that’s fact! So stop worrying…your husband has changed, and Social services will see that…..be strong Hunni,and never stop believing you did your best…..hugs xxxx

cant-take-no-more
        Participant

The only advice I can give you is keep your son and yourself safe….the harm it does to a child seeing all the aggression and arguments is heart breaking and has reprecussions later on in life…Love is blind and whether its a partner, son or parent it hurts like mad…BUT, your son deserves better, and as his mother you need to make some hard decisions to keep him safe. Hope this helps xxxx

icarus
      Participant

The Icarus Trust is a free non-profit signposting agency, which confidentially and anonymously put families in touch with the right help. Family Friends, who have some general knowledge and experience of this kind of issue, can talk things through with you by email or telephone, point you in the right direction, and still be there if you want to come back for more. the FF is there to LISTEN, REASSURE and SIGNPOST. if you want to talk to a FF you must register with them, http://www.icarustrust.co.uk

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE