Really struggling

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      becky90
      Participant

I’ve posted before about my partner who is addicted to cocaine. He no longer lives with me but we were trying to make it work. Long story short this time last week he came over and was obviously using, I told him to leave and since then he seemed to be doing okay until today, again he turned up having done cocaine.

I am sickened, of all the times he has done it in the past never has he then visited our children so this is a new low and one that I just can’t forgive.

I am devastated, I want to stop contact between him and the children, I feel so angry but I am also heartbroken. I never imagined my life like this, I’m scared of being on my own, of being a single parent with no support. It’s such a mess and I am struggling so much. Sorry if I have made no sense I just needed to get it out.

lece13
      Participant

I can relate to your post. It’ so difficult when children are involved. I feel like this at times wanting to stop contact with the kids. However, in my case its got to the point where I don’t think he would be that bothered at this present time.

I don’t think anyone of us in a similar situation would have imagined our life to end up like this. I for one didn’t!!

I am currently feeling the heartache and anxiety of being alone, but in all honestly I spend quite alot of time alone with kids when he disappears. I have started to come to terms with the fact life will get easier without him in it as at present he brings nothing to the table.

I hope your struggles get easier and you start to feel more positive soon. Take care

becky90
      Participant

Hi, I’m sorry you’re going through a similar time. I think you’re right, it will definitely get easier. I hope that you are doing okay, I am feeling much more positive today. Look after yourself x

worriedsister
      Participant

I’m sorry you are going through such a terrible time xxx

I left my ex partner when my baby was 4 months old (not through drugs) but he was just a narcissist type.

And you will manage on your own and how ever we do us women always find the strength to pull through the worst times.

You gotta do it for ya kids and yourself.

Just don’t be like me 7 years later find a new partner and then find out he’s an addict! Lol if I didn’t laugh I’d cry xxx

You can do this xx

becky90
        Participant

Thankyou for your reply, I was having such a bad day and your message really helped. I hope you’re doing okay? X

icarus-trust
      Participant

Hi Becky,

Sorry to read what you are going through. It’s really hard for you I know and even tougher with children involved.

If you would like to please contact us at Icarus Trust. We are a charity that offers support for people dealing with addiction in their family as we know how hard this can be. One of our trained and experienced family Friends would talk with you and speaking with them might help you feel it’s less of a struggle.

You can contact Icarus Trust on help@icarustrust.org or visit our website http://www.icarustrust.org

All the best.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE