Relapse..

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      jetd
      Participant

Hello! First, I apologize for English is not my first language. I will try my best to express my story.

I’m 25 y/o and had been addicted to meth at a young age of 19. During that span I transfered to 3 college schools and only finished 1 semester each time then I would drop out again and try to look for minimum waged work that I could get in to (mainly to finance my drug use). And at times that I am unable land a job I start selling my belongings and stole from my parents or from my sister just to buy and use meth and thats what really pains me everytime I hit rock bottom. Especially my mom, even though I lie, stole, and just overall taking her for granted she still loves me unconditionally. I know she deserves a better son or a better version of myself..

3 years ago I was able to stay clean for 8 months and focused mainly on my health. But, yup. I relapsed and I’m not even sure how. Now I’m back to square one and will start a new journey on beating this addiction starting today. All this for my family and for my future.

I plan on talking to my mom and my sis about this. The least I can do is be honest.

P.S. Any suggestions or ideas for activities to focus on to keep me from any potential triggers is a great help. Thanks guys.

vickie-wallis
      Participant

You already have the focus you are half way there you been clean before do it again to make yourself proud x do it for you snd then that will mean pleasing your family x your are an inspiration well done x

jetd
        Participant

Thank you for taking the time to reply Vicky wallis. I really appreciate it. I’ve just been thinking alot lately about the things I did. The lies I told and the stuffs I sold without any regard on how my actions were damaging my relationship with my family.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE