Relapsed.

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • Author
      danman83
      Participant

I’ve not been on here for a while due to having a couple of relapses. Last one being this Friday. Quite a few reasons why, and I’ve just avoided this site and a few other things when I shouldn’t of.

I’m still in the C. A. and back on the programme and back into it 100 percent. Hope everyone is doing well.

lindyloo
      Participant

Hi Dan, welcome back, we missed you. I was worried about you.

Try not to be too hard on yourself, I know every day is a battle for you guys in recovery. I see my son struggle through the days and nights.

So glad you’re back, you know we’ll support you here!

Stay strong ????

Sending hugs ❤

Lx

danman83
      Participant

Hiya, good to hear from you. Thanks for that, I’ve just been getting fed up in this shared accom we’re I am, but I get my 2 bed flat next month, so that will keep me busy till Xmas decorating.

How is your son doing anyway?

Thank you so much ❤️

lindyloo
        Participant

No worries, it sounds like you’re getting back on track again Dan!

Son is doing okay, had a few wobbles, but is currently 4months clean, thank God. He’s still very jumpy and anxious , and can fly off the handle over small things but he’s more thoughtful and caring too. He goes regularly to meetings and is doing the steps again with a sponsor, so fingers crossed ????.

Lx

debc
          Participant

Hi Lindyloo,

Glad to hear your Son is doing well, pleased for you and him.

I really believe that going to meetings and getting a sponsor to do the steps with is the right way forward.

Good to hear from Danman83 too.

Take care Lindyloo.

Dx

lindyloo
            Participant

Hi Debc

Thanks for your lovely comments.

Yes, im scared to mention how he’s doing in case somehow I jinx his bit positivity- is that daft?

I’m pleased to hear your son is getting back on track too. Our boys are such a worry for us all!

So pleased Dan is back online- he’s such a good support ????

Take care Debs

Stay strong- sending hugs ❤

Lx

debc
              Participant

Hi Lindyloo,

I feel exactly the same if I dare to say he is doing well, it’s not daft.

Great to see Dan back on line, he’s such a good person to chat too.

Sending hugs back.

Dx

jane123
              Participant

Hi Lindlyloo

I just read your post about your son. I have a son who won’t or can’t see that his weed is causing him to be very depressed and his mental health is really worrying me.

How did you manage to get your sons to get help.? I would really appreciate some help Thank you..

lindyloo
                Participant

Hi Jane123, welcome to the forum. Everyone here has a loved one with addictions and also some people in recovery offering support and advice.

Thank you for sharing your story. I’m sorry to read that your son’s addiction to weed is affecting his mental health. It’s very frustrating and sad as a mother to watch addiction taking over your son’s life.

The thing is that you cannot really do anything until they themselves realise they have a problem and want support. Then you have NA, CA or AA fellowship groups to join. From then , the work the 12 steps, get a sponsor meet others in similar situations.

You need to look after your own health and well-being. If you go to the homepage and look at Share Your Story heading. Scroll back and read the Theresa thread. There are several of us mums with sons with addictions who all support and help each other. You’ll realise that you’re not alone.

Keep posting at let us know how you’re doing.

Take care

Lx

danman83
                Participant

Sorry Everyone I have not been in touch. The last 4 week maybe 6 not to sure, I’ve had a few blips I’ve used twice. My old sponsor admitted to me using while doing step work with me, and I just thought… I can’t be doing with that again with a new sponsor just yet,

My addictive brain taking over..

I thought I could just do the meetings ect.. And little things slipped, like not coming on here..

Then I was on dating sites, and the last few weeks Id been having a few bottles of beers a couple of nights thinking I would be OK, I can drink and not get coke. How daft is that! When I preach u can’t drink! But again this is what it does to you.

So this week I have got a new sponsor he is great, strict, I’ve done everything he’s suggesting, I’ve come off dating sites, I’m doing more face to face meetings.

I was seeing a girl, but I’ve had to end that, I need to focus on me.

So I’m fully commited again now, this 1st month is going to be hard for me, but I’m gonna put my all in it. So I’m 5 days clean now. It’s just been a hard year I guess, being kicked out and new home. But I can’t keep giving excuses. New year next year and fresh start. Sorry for not being in touch. Thanks for your support as always ❤️

debc
                Participant

Hi Danman,

So good to hear from you, have been thinking about you.

Glad you are getting back on track.

My Son is good for a few days then has a blip, so I’m hoping that the new year brings new beginnings for everyone.

Have a good Christmas and take care.

Dx

danman83
                Participant

Hiya deb good to hear from you, hope your OK. It’s really hard this time of year. I hope your son does well in the new year. He will get there.

Thanks for your message.

Have a lovely Christmas ❤️x

danman83
          Participant

That’s good to hear, wish I was 4 month again. I felt so much better..

I got another sponsor but then we parted ways.

Least you don’t have to worry as much. It’s really good news that ????

lindyloo
            Participant

Thanks Dan, he’s had some wobbles, and he’s changed sponsors too. His last relapse scared him I think!

Yeah, he’s seems good, missing his nights out with pals, but knows he can’t go out and drink with them. He doesn’t see them so much, also a few are settling down married, children. He has zero luck with women, always picks the ones who are a negative influence (putting it mildly!) I keep saying, there’s someone out there who’ll love you and understand you.

Bless him, he’s lonely. He knows he has to look after himself first and foremost though.

You’ll be looking forward to a place you can call your own, and you’re a dab hand with a paintbrush! You’ll be all set for Father Christmas ????!

Keep posting Dan , we are like your aunties here, we’ll support you as best we can.

Stay strong ????

Lx

danman83
              Participant

Thats what i struggle with now a bit not being with a woman, and then I went on dating sites and dated a few people. But it’s swapping 1 addiction for another so I’ve deleted all my apps and I’m just going to focus on me. Everything else will fall in to place. Same with your son, he will find some one eventually, everything happens for a reason.

Ye I’m really looking foward to decorating, I’ve bought a lot of stuff already I just need move in now. And Xmas is gonna be different this year but I need to realise its me that’s done this and have it as a positive way of staying clean.

That made me smile lol

Ye you are like my aunties haha but without the nagging haha, I really appreciate it ????

Thanks x

debc
      Participant

Hi Danman83,

Been thinking of you and wondering how you were, it’s good to know your back, and doing all the things you need to do.

My Son has also had a few wobbles in the last few months, and his Mental Health has been terrible, but he is going to face to face meetings and getting himself a Sponsor, so moving in the right direction.

Keep going, one day at a time, take care.

Dx

danman83
        Participant

Hiya deb.

It’s the best thing to do and get a sponsor, I’ve just got rid of mine. Was all my fault, but I just want someone else. I struggle going to the face to face as I don’t like sharing, but I’m gonna have to go to more.

Thanks deb

icarus-trust
      Participant

Hi Dan,

Welcome back and keep strong.

All the best.

danman83
        Participant

Thanks ????

notmyrealname
          Participant

I was checking up on another thread for you to reply, wondered where you had got to. What happened you were doing so well? Are you getting back on track now? I know you said about being fed up with the accommodation but you’re only staying there because of cocaine, it’s caused you so many problems, you can’t let it trick you. Since I last spoke to you I had enough and moved out of the family home for a short while, my husband finally went on a zoom meeting while I was away and he said he found it useful actually. He’s a very regular user and so it’s a slow process but he’s been managing a few days at a time, then slipping up. He’s saying he really wants to get better this time and has cut off all his contacts even the ones who are friends. He needs to find some new things to spend his time doing though or he will get bored and fall back into it.the problem is how can you find new things to enjoy when your at the phase where you’re not enjoying anything as it’s coming out of your system?

danman83
            Participant

Hiya, it’s a long story, different things caused me to relapse, I hadnt took my anti deprresents for 2 week and when I did last Friday, I felt off my head as I had not been taking them daily and this caused me to get some. I just seem to want everything now, get bored easily and I rush everything in my life, so I’m just going to relax now and take my time. I’ve started to do a diary now, we’re each night I will do a gratitude list and what I did today and what I could of done better. Just to keep me occupied.

I do a weekly diary sometimes. We’re each day I have task on. And tick it off each day. Tell him to set some goals. It can be anything.

Like decorate the bathroom, gym each day, walk 3 mile a day listening to his favourite music. If you have children, he can spend and hour each night playing board games. Just things like this keeps us busy. And tick it off each day.

Also listen to morning guided meditation on you tube to clear his mind. And this helps so much.

He can also go to the driving range playing golf, nice big walks. It’s hard at 1st but once he gets going he will love it.

Saunas are great for cleaning toxins and drugs out the system.

notmyrealname
              Participant

It’s great that you always manage to recognise where it went wrong. I know it’s disheartening but you done amazing to be clean so long. The gratitude list sounds like a good idea and hopefully your living situation will improve soon, so I’m glad you have that to look forward to.

My husband has been watching a lot of YouTube videos so he does try most the things you suggested. He has joined the gym aswell so hopefully thats something good for him as you can go as little or much as you like so there’s never the excuse there isn’t anything sensible to do lol. Plus you don’t need money when it’s already paid on a monthly bill.

I think that’s the thing with the music etc it’s hard to figure out what you ctually like and enjoy when your senses have been messed with for so long.

he seems so much happier the days when he’s not done it, it really is just a force of habit for the first few days but he says he’s struggling to get past that hurdle after the few days and then slips up again.

danman83
                Participant

I got 4 month clean this year and 3 month, and you literally feel so much happier. I compare it to being a school kid and it’s Friday night, the excitement thats how my life felt being clean for 3months.

You get your life back. Its just staying there that’s the problem.

It makes you feel so depressed on that crap and miserable, it’s just getting that 1st month out the way. And it does get a bit easier

lilgunner
      Participant

Hello Dan, you’re probably beating yourself up right now, but you acknowledge what went wrong which is massive in itself. Hope things are more positive for you, and things are ok at the moment. One day at a time mate!

My friend is 2 months clean and he’s been doing extremely well and making very good progression. He’s been able to have his phone at weekends for good behaviour. I’m so proud of how far he’s come and pray everyday that he continues to remain clean.

Keep going Dan, you got this.

danman83
        Participant

Thanks mate ????

That’s great news, I bet he’s feeling so much better now and happier.

How is he feeling?

lilgunner
      Participant

Hey Dan,

Just read your post, they say you should avoid relationships for about a year when in recovery. Something I’ve heard. It can be a massive trigger.

He is feeling better, said he is thinking from a clear mind. I did say I wouldn’t communicate with him whilst he was away as he needs to concentrate on his growth. He message to let me know things were going well and wanted update me. He’s excited about a new life. I myself have been able to use the time to sleep better, not constantly worrying and maintaining a healthy routine each day. X

lilgunner
      Participant

Hey Dan,

Just read your post, they say you should avoid relationships for about a year when in recovery. Something I’ve heard. It can be a massive trigger.

He is feeling better, said he is thinking from a clear mind. I did say I wouldn’t communicate with him whilst he was away as he needs to concentrate on his growth. He message to let me know things were going well and wanted update me. He’s excited about a new life. I myself have been able to use the time to sleep better, not constantly worrying and maintaining a healthy routine each day. X

danman83
        Participant

Ye it’s a huge trigger. And it’s because everytime you have been on a date with a new women or a partner. More or less you have had a drink, and some people think I need a drink, for confidence, to last longer lol ect… But these thought make u want to drink ect.. So that’s why its ideal not to.

That’s great news, from what you have told me about him, he’s doing great, I’m happy for him and you.

He just needs to be really strict when he back and stick to a routine.

Plus it helps you aswell. It effects family and friends so much. Anyways I got the weekend out the way now 1 week clean lol.

hje
      Participant

Hi, I’ve never actually wrote on here before but tend to come on often to read other peoples experiences due to my partner struggling with addiction. Anyway I just wanted to say when I saw this post I was gutted for you I genuinely thought NOOOO. I’ve seen many of your posts and also how kind and supportive you have been for many other people struggling. You have come so far and although relapsing must be so disheartnening for you, use it as motivation. You are so honest and I am confident you will not let this beat you everyone has bad days, don’t fall in to the trap. 1 week clean since .. amazing!! Keep your head up and stay focused, you are in charge of the wonderful future ahead of you. Life is what you make it 🙂

danman83
        Participant

Thank you so much it’s means alot what you have just said. I’ve screen shot it as a bit of motivation lol.

How is your partner doing?

Thank you ????

hje
      Participant

Aww that’s lovely!! I hope it helps you.

Currently not well at all, although he has never tried to get help to stop!

Just tells me he is going to, my story is soooo long and I’m not in the headspace to type it. Currently in the line of fire being insulted because he’s been using.

So sad, for everyone involved.

Thank you for replying!

danman83
        Participant

Well he never will get better unless he admits it.

Well I’m always here if you want to tell it, but that’s up to you.

Don’t take the crap off him if it’s his fault. You need think of your self really. But I don’t know the ins and outs lol

Your right it is sad. It effects everyone.

Thanks

lindyloo
          Participant

Hi Dan how are you doing? I’ve been thinking about you and wondering if you’re doing okay?

I know you’re not religious, but I do pray for you and to give you strength anyway ????.

Son has had a good weekend, he’s had things to do with the fellowship and the group thankfully.

Lx

danman83
            Participant

I’m doing great thanks and thank you so much. I’ve gone religous now lol I get on my knees every morning and pray. And I listen to God motivational speeches on you tube.

I should get my flat in 2 week. So I’m just looking foward to getting my head into doing it up.

I’m glad your son is doing well he’s in the best place he can be.

Hope you are doing well. Thank you ❤️

lindyloo
              Participant

Good man that’s the spirit ????

Exciting getting your own place, that’s gonna keep you busy anyways Dan!

We have to share these moments of positivity.

Hope you have a good weekend Dan, stay strong ????

Lx

danman83
      Participant

I know I can’t wait, this shared accom we’re I am now is just full of brand new wooden floor for the flat, and decorating stuff I just want get out of here and start a fresh.

I know your right I just listen to positive videos on you tube they help alot.

Thanks for your help.

Have a good weekend to x

danman83
      Participant

I know I can’t wait, this shared accom we’re I am now is just full of brand new wooden floor for the flat, and decorating stuff I just want get out of here and start a fresh.

Thanks for your help.

Have a good weekend to x

danman83
      Participant

Thanks for your help.

Have a good weekend to x

notmyrealname
        Participant

Glad to see you’re back. Husbands been on a few meetings now, he even got brave enough to speak on one once he realised the people weren’t so different to him. He was shocked how similar everyones stories actually are. He was the same about the religious stuff, but I said you don’t have to get involved in that if you don’t want to. What’s the big book? he reckons people keep mentioning it on the meetings but noones explained what it is lol. He’s doing bigger gaps without it than he has in the last ten years at the moment. I am proud of him but can’t help that my heart sinks when I know he’s slipped up.

danman83
      Participant

The big book is the main thing. So its apart of alcoholics annonymous. It’s called the AA book. So basically.. 2 men in America invented alcoholics anonymous, Dr Bob and Bill, they were both alcoholics, and effected family’s ect.. They did everything the addict did, and they found out just by talking for hours and hours got rid of cravings. Hence why we have meetings and it helps in other ways. So they made the book and 12 steps we have to follow and you go through these with a sponsor. This is what u should do in the meetings. You get a sponsor and phone them everyday, especially when u get cravings.

The 1st step is admitting you are powerless over your addiction, that it controls you. And you read with your sponsor each week out of the book and learn about your disease or addiction, and the answers are in the book how to get better.

The big things in it are step 4 and 7 I think it is. Step 4 resentments, we write down all our resentments, from the past, everything that we have held on to. I had a lot to my dad and a friend. These can cause use to use and we don’t know it. Alot of addicts have trauma from. The past. It can be even just mental abuse.

Then the other step amends, we make amends in person to all the people we have harmed. It clears things straight with people and it’s quite freeing.

You find a new lease of life doing it and you have to change your life around. No lying, being honest, helping people ect.. I don’t even litter drop anymore. Things like this. If you lead an honest life things will get better. And it does work.

You just have to put the effort in. I got the basics in for now lol

danman83
      Participant

I know what u mean when he relapses it hurts. Tell him just keep trying and listen to what people suggest.

And not to be put off, he will need to start meditating as well, and praying, but he just has to pray to a higher power, it doesn’t have to be God.

Some people have the universe and law of attraction, some have nature, and some have family members.

So for example mine is God, and Ill get on my knees every morning and say.. God thank you for another day clean and soba, give me the strength be stronger and guide me on the right path, and to avoid bad situations ect ect..

I know it sounds cheesy for some, but this cost nothing and you don’t spend 100s a week or feel suicidal from it. And it helps.

Also the more meetings he does and connects, if he does relapse he will beat himself up more because of how far he’s come and the work he has put in. But this makes him stronger next time. If this makes sence.

notmyrealname
        Participant

Thanks.

The zoom meetings he’s been on he just joins and everyone’s talking and then he spoke, I don’t know what he spoke about as I was in the other room, he definitely went on to it though you could tell the change in him. But so he isn’t a part of one to have a sponsor yet. He has been trying a few different ones at the moment though as a couple he said he couldn’t relate to the people but in others the people were in such a similar scenario to him. It sounds like the people were all very welcoming though which is great with him having been so nervous to go on to one originally.

Yes it really does hurt when he relapses, I know it’s an illness so kind of pointless me being upset but with everything that’s gone on it’s just like a reminder then. He’s been on one tonight where they talked about meditating so he’s thinking of trying that tomorrow, I suppose I’ve just got to keep an open mind really as I just end up feeling hurt and disappointed if I get my hopes up.

How are you doing? How many days have you done now this time?

danman83
      Participant

He will get use to it. Everyone just wants you to get better. They say we will love you until you love yourself lol.

Just tell him not to be put off it and keep going. He’s done well to make the 1st step and get on the meetings. And admitting he has a problem.

I’m doing good thanks. I’m coming up to 3 week this Saturday. I get my keys for my flat Thursday and sign for it. So everything is going great. Thanks

danman83
      Participant

He will get use to it. Everyone just wants you to get better. They say we will love you until you love yourself lol.

Just tell him not to be put off it and keep going. He’s done well to make the 1st step and get on the meetings. And admitting he has a problem.

I’m doing good thanks. I’m coming up to 3 week this Saturday. I get my keys for my flat Thursday and sign for it. So everything is going great. Thanks

notmyrealname
        Participant

Hi Dan, hope all goes well getting your keys today.

danman83
          Participant

Thank you. Its gone great!! I’m so happy everything has just fell into place to day. And I’ve already started stripping the walls with my kids. So looking foward to the future now. Thanks

lindyloo
            Participant

Hi Dan, so happy for you! I wish you much love, health and happiness in your new home. ❤

Keep up the good work ????

Lx

danman83
              Participant

Thank you so much lindy,

Feeling great today, I just have stay focused now. Hope your ok

lindyloo
                Participant

You’re welcome. Yeah, I’m good thanks, son is still doing well thankfully, when he’s content, so am I! I’ll keep the prayers going ????

Lx

danman83
                Participant

Well that’s good to hear. It will only getter better for him. I’m up now at 6am going to the flat to decorate. I can’t sleep at night now just wanting to get it done haha. Have a good weekend

notmyrealname
            Participant

Well done, you will have plenty to keep you busy now then.

debc
            Participant

Glad everything went well with your move Dan, enjoy making it yours, look after yourself and take care x

Dx

danman83
              Participant

Thank you deb. Everything has just fell perfectly in to place this week for me, so I can’t afford to cock this up lol. Have a good weekend

notmyrealname
                Participant

How’s the flat coming along Dan?

jaz051
      Participant

Hello danman83

I wrote this posts a bit early:

Hello everyone!

I am 21yr from slovenia europe. I use cocaine for past 4 years every weekend and in big amounts usualy from friday night till sunday morning and then was not able to sleep for whole day so getting sleep just on saturday was something regular to me. I am now one month clean and its hell i have really bad depression and suicide thoughts i really dont know how to go further in my life. I want to ask people who go thrue same situation- when will i feell better? It really can take one year before i get my feelings and emotion back? I fell so bad i can not describe. I do not crave cocaine just dont see any light in my life its just emptines. Thanks for your help and support.

And someone comment that i should read your posts- that you are someone battling same stuff than i do. I have just a question for you about cocaine withdrawal- hoe long will i feel so damn bad? I really dont have any motivation for further life really. Thank you for your answear!! Jaz

danman83
        Participant

Hiya jaz I hope your OK. Well done on getting 1 month clean.

You should be proud of your self

How have you got one month clean?

I’m doing it through cocaine annonymous, through zoom meetings and face to face. Are you doing this? I am working the 12 steps and I have a sponsor? Do you know what Any of this is about?

If you do not, this helps me a great deal and you work the 12 steps, you speak to other addicts daily. You swap numbers all the time and phone each other each day.

It’s not a religous programme but do do pray to god or a higher power,, it can be nature or a dead relative. I get on my knees each morning and pray for guidence ect.. This helps.

Meditation is vital! Each day even if it’s just for 10 mins in the morning, you tube is great for this.

Meditation makes you positive for the day and clears your head.

Start doing thing that release endorphins and serotonin, basically happy thoughts for the brain. Eating healthy, plenty of excersise. Stay away from alcohol.

Even negative people who bring you down. Take up some new hobbies. And get on some meetings. Feel free to ask me anything

lindyloo
      Participant

Hi Dan, was thinking of you and wondering how you’re doing. I expect you’ve been busy with the new flat!

Drop us a text and let us know that you’re doing okay ????

Lx ❤

debc
        Participant

Hi Lindyloo,

I have been wondering how Fan is getting on, hope he is ok.

Hope your Son is still doing well.

So many sad stories on the Forum these days, it’s in all walks of life.

Hope you are ok too.

Dx

lindyloo
          Participant

Hi Debc, lovely to hear from you. Yes, I was thinking about Dan , I do hope he’s okay.

Yes, thankfully, son is doing fine. Just received his 6 month free AA token. So pleased for him and proud. He still gets a bit jumpy and quick tempered sometimes but he seems to be able to control it better. He’d be lost with the CA and AA fellowship and meetings. People in recovery really need this support regularly.

I like to keep in touch here hopefully help or encourage others.

I hope things are better for you and your son. I pray daily for us all here. Recovery is a long road and I never get complacent. Yes, so many sad stories addiction is such a cruel mental health illness.

We can only do our best Deb, let them know we love them but hate what addiction does to a family.

We also have to look after ourselves, not getting any younger- personally speaking!

I’m so pleased I have you lovely mums here, you were there for me when I couldn’t speak to even my family about my son’s situation.

One day at a time, same advice as they get in recovery ????

Hoping you and your family have a peaceful weekend.

Sending hugs ❤

Lx

lindyloo
      Participant

Hi Dan, welcome back!

We’ve all been thinking of you and wondering where you were.

My son did the exact same before the summer- missing female company- a date, a few drinks for confidence…you know the rest!

I know it’s so hard for a person in recovery ????.

But Dan, my son is over 6 months clean, done the steps with his sponsor, attending regular meetings, met similar minded people in recovery, I’m so proud of him and he’s helping others too!

He’s looking well, appreciates things more, enjoying the extra cash he has now!

I never get complacent, he still gets jumpy and can fly off the handle quickly, but he knows the strategies to cope now.

I hope this will spur you on and encourage you to keep going with your sobriety.

You know we’re all here for you, you’ve been here for others too!

Stay strong, have faith and have a lovely peaceful happy Christmas.

Lx ❤

debc
        Participant

Hi Lindyloo,

So good to see Dan back.

So pleased that your son is doing well and you should be very proud of him, long may it continue.

My son is just playing at Recovery at the moment, but not as bad as it was a couple of years ago, but hopefully in the new year he will give it a good try.

I hope you have a lovely Christmas and Happy New Year.

Take care.

Dx

lindyloo
          Participant

Hi Debc

Yes, so pleased to hear from Dan, I’m sure he’ll be fine especially with his new sponsor.

I’m hoping this festive period will be more relaxed and free from worry unlike previous years. He’s doing well and helping others, he hangs out with the fellowship guys. He can’t go about with his original friends- they just don’t get it! No girlfriend yet, he’s to love himself first .

I’ll continue praying for us and our families, Deb I sincerely hope your son will continue to improve.

Have a loving and peaceful Christmas with your family.

Lx ❤

danman83
      Participant

It’s good to hear from you. Soo happy for your son, and you, at least your not worrying as much.

My head just had me over and a lot of things were getting to me.

I bet your son is feeling great now and so much happier. I know I was at 4 month. I know what I need to do now, and just crack on and keep doing what my sponsor tells me to. I just can’t wait to see the back of this year and have a fresh start.

I new I had to come back here, as all of you help me in my recovery and I’m forever grateful, have a wonderful Christmas ♥️????x

lindyloo
      Participant

So happy to have you back in Team Recovery Dan!

We’re always here for you!

Merry Christmas and all the very best for a happy, healthy New Year too. God bless.

Lx ????

forgotten-girl
      Participant

Dan I replied to you on naturegrrls post I think you’ll understand when you read what I’ve sent you x

salzz
      Participant

Hiya danman83

Well done you for coming back to us all we all have so much in common, REGARDING addiction!! So talking, advising, taking advice we all can share our many many stories,and whilst giving advice and relating to some of us helps us more than we actually think keep talking x

salzz
      Participant

I haven’t been on this website long, but I’ve noticed that you have a lot of people replying to you, this shouts volumes about you take it as a massive positive thing

danman83
        Participant

Thank you salzz and I will. This site and people help me a lot in staying clean. Thank you

lindyloo
          Participant

Hi Dan, I wish you a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Great to see you’re on the forum helping and supporting people.

I seen so many positive replies about you!

Hope you settled in well in your new flat.

Keep on doin what you’re doin Dan.

Sending you hugs

Lx ❤

danman83
            Participant

Hiya lindy, happy new year to. Hope you had a good Xmas,

I’ve settled in well thanks. Still decorating but it’s coming on great. I have the kids with me right now for tea. Everything is going well for me now. I have a new sponsor and start my step work on Monday. So I just need to stay focused now.

Thanks for your support x

lindyloo
              Participant

So happy for you Dan!

Stay strong ????

Lx

danman83
      Participant

Thank you ❤️x

forgotten-girl
      Participant

Hey Dan & guys,

This is going to sound utterly ridiculous but you are the only person (and you other guys) that I feel I can speak to. Right, I’ve REALLY messed up, bad. I was supposed to have made the jump today, for the second time as well, and gone to Weymouth, but, (again for the second time) I’ve backed out. (I’m also extremely worried about how I’m going to explain this to my dad as well, I’m desperate for a good excuse but my head is shattered and I can’t think of what reason I can give) anyway, I’ve paid £160 already for petrol, my friend is going to kill me because she took the day off work to take me as well, but, he started crying and saying he loved me and the hours are now ticking by.. I’m all over the place and have literally been up the ENTIRE night as well! I don’t know what I’m going to say to my dad either!

emjay
      Participant

I’m so sad to read this thread, in many ways.

I had been following your recovery.

I’m pleased you are back on track.

notmyrealname
      Participant

How is the flat coming along Dan?

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE