Sad…time to let go?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      veci
      Participant

I have been with my partner since I was in my early 20s. Forward to my mid forties and I don’t know who he has become. He has a mental illness which he will not get help for. Has addiction issues. First with alcohol. And now I suspect something more. In the last year he has started to dissapear for days. He does not tell me who he is with. He won’t respond to calls or texts. Says because I don’t allow drinking. He already knows what I would say so he just ignores my attempts to reach him. Recently found out he stole thousands from my meager savings over a several months. If not longer. It upset si much I didn’t even look into it. Claims he used it for drinking…led to gambling which led to more gambling trying to make the $ back and put it back on the account. Thought he could “fix it” before I found out. He has not worked in years. Lost all his IDs and is easily overwhelmed by everything. He asked me to pay for his cell phone this a few days ago. I said no. You are an adult. Get the people you dissapear with to pay for you. I won’t be your bank account anymore. Today he snuck out of the house. Said he was doing “something” to get his phone back. Now I figured out he stole some gift cards! I cannot trust anymore. I cannot help him as he refuses to admit there is a problem. I am feeling very sad. And weak. But I think it’s time I let go. I don’t know what else to do. I don’t dare tell my family or friends. I feel ashamed I this situation to go this far…am so very very upset and sad

eddie123
      Participant

Hi there, this sounds like a very difficult situation for you and I am sorry. I know of a great charity that supports people like yourselves nationwide. The family support programme is all remote and they help many families a year. Please see link and fill in the referral and someone will endeavour to respond within 24 hours. https://adaptoxford.org.uk/the-icarus-programme/

veci
      Participant

Ty Eddie but I am very cautious of online transactions that may require personal information. I have enough to worry about already you know. It really took a lot for me to even post here. I just wanted to see how others who have been through this sort of thing coped…

eddie123
      Participant

Totally understand that, honestly nothing gets shared. I will receive the referral myself and its totally confidential xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE