Self Esteem Issues

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      salboo
      Participant

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has got any advice for self esteem issues?

Both my parents were alcoholics and with all the horrible stuff that goes with it, I have become an adult with quite deep self esteem issues. I have spoken to a counsellor which has helped, and I feel I have some techniques to help me when I am not feeling great about myself (working out, music, listing things I like about myself) and a lot of the time these things help.

However sometimes I just feel so bad about myself and I don’t believe all the things I thought I liked about myself. It’s almost like I am 2 people, sometimes I think wow I’m great, Iv dealt with so much adversity and made it through and then other times I think I’m literally the most pathetic and undesirable person. I really want to stop feeling like that. I know everyone has bad days but I treat myself so badly and beat myself up about things and I just need ways to improve my confidence and self esteem.

Any one know what I mean and can offer advice?

Thanks

leda
      Participant

Hi Salboo. Yes I go through the exact same thing. We get into these patterns. I have started writing positive notes to myself and sticking them on the wall. Plus I keep a journal of my feelings and include little positive notes and inspirations to remind myself of my journey forward.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE