Sent him away again – I’m so low

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      vmac123
      Participant

So I’ve posted before about my partner who is an addict. Gambling first, then drink but recently I’ve noticed drug use. White powder everywhere, staying up late, not eating. I bought kits online, gathered some of the powder I found mixed it with water and tested it. Positive for cocaine. I’ve asked him to go back to his parents (he was there from October – December last year because of the drinking). He’s gone and I feel sad, angry. Relieved almost. He said that I should be supporting him not chucking him out but he refuses to go to any type of GA, AA or DA. It’s basically just antidepressants from the doctor and me. I can’t cope. I know I need to look after myself but why do I feel so bad about it?

icarus-trust
      Participant

Thank you for sharing your story about your partners addiction and how bad its making you feel. I work for a charity called Icarus Trust. We offer help to people, like you, who are dealing with addiction in their family. If you would like to contact us you could talk with one of our Family Friends who are trained and experienced, and maybe that would help you to see a way ahead.

You can contact Icarus Trust on help@icarustrust.org or visit our website http://www.icarustrust.org

Good luck with everything.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE