Separated from cocaine addicted OH

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      purpleheart
      Participant

Evening everyone ,

just wanted to know some views on the scenario I’m going to be facing soon. Split from my OH two months ago and he has been sofa surfing and using hotels ever since as he is still using coke daily bern really volatile and has begun treating me like the enemy because I won’t tolerate any part of him and his addiction anymore ( 2 years of trying under my belt )  . The family home will soon be sold and we are going our separate ways into our own respective homes . Thing is me ex keeps saying that when he gets his  own place then he can perform his fatherly duties properly with a custody rota ( sleeping at his 2-3 times a a week ) etc . Thing is what I haven’t dare said yet is he needs to be testing negative before they can stay with him at all ( they are 3 &7 btw) . Does anyone else have experience of this situation ? How did you manage ? Was it test kits galore ? Chaperones ? Or court ?. Thanks in advance . X

fayzey
      Participant

Hi purpleheart, just saw your post, hope you’re doing ok – as good as you can in the circumstances.  Mine hasn’t got anywhere near that stage so I’m not sure what I would do either, he hasn’t seen the kids without me being there so far….do you think he’s likely to get sorted and get his own place in the foreseeable future?? Would you trust him not to do it when the kids were with him? Has he seen much of them since he left? Sometimes mine turns up and other times I don’t hear from him. Can u believe he even missed his son’s birthday. Hope you are feeling ok-ish about everything xx

purpleheart
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hey Fayzey , I’ve only just spotted this sorry I’ve not been on for a while . Yes he’s got a place lined up but isn’t in there yet . No I don’t trust him unfortunately and he’s still all telling lies when he has done it although he has nothing to lose now by just telling the truth. Mine is saying he will sort himself out when living alone and will share custody ?? Just like that apparently ( maybe he will I don’t know ) .</p>
      <p style=”text-align: left;”>I’ve been the same as you I’ve been there every time he’s had the children  , I don’t allow him to drive them which limits everything but I don’t care I want them safe  . Yep mine turns up then goes again for days , not seen much of them and he hasn’t embraced his visits when he has .
      I do hope your son is ok ????, that’s so awful – and it’s left to us to explain their actions again .
      Is yours still away from home then ? Hope your managing .. it’s dam hard work isn’t it but be proud -your  so strong ❤️. Xxxx</p>

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE