Sex life with an alcoholic wife

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      badger
      Participant

Hi there

I really don’t know who to talk to about this so I found this forum. This is going to be a bit of a rambling post but I don’t really know anyone I can talk to about this.

My wife is an alcoholic- she knows it and is getting treatment. She has been sober for 2 months now and is doing really well, I’m super proud of her.

I’m going to sound like a horrible husband now, but since she has been sober we hardly have sex. And I don’t know when I can try to initiate sex. If I have a couple of drinks with the guys, I normally get a bit horny, but I can only imagine she doesn’t want a slightly boozed husband trying it on with her. And when I haven’t been drinking I’m now too self conscious to try to instigate.

I don’t know if I’m just overthinking or what, but how do I approach my sex life with my now sober partner? It’s almost as if the booze use to make her “keen” but now that’s gone I don’t know what to do, and when I try to be supportive it just comes off like I’m only interested in sex. I’m very confused and honestly don’t know what to do.

Any advice would be greatly apprecIated.

Badger

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE