Should I accept my partners cocaine use?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      suzie88
      Participant

Hi everyone, I just want some advice please. I’ve been with my partner for 3 years. Over the past couple of years he has started doing cocaine more and more. When he has the money it goes on coke. He can’t even go a week without it. This past week he’s had 6 and a half grams and spent £500. When he has the money he gets it daily. I’m just so sick of it. He promises he will change but never does. Then he try’s to make out to me that it’s not that bad and I should accept it. It’s hard because he’s a good partner to me he doesn’t treat me bad, but I have two kids and I just don’t want it in their life’s never mind mine. I just don’t see how we can have a future when all he cares about is coke.

suzie88
      Participant

?

stemgirl
      Participant

Hi,

Sorry this is happening to you.

My partner chose coke and alcohol over me. I walked and he didn’t even try to stop me. It’s the addiction. Messes with the mind and makes them genuinely believe that they need to lie, manipulate and delude themselves to keep using the substance in question.

My partner thought that because he wasn’t abusing me while he was drunk and high that there was no issue! You can’t argue with an addict, you will not win.

One day he may be ready to actually stop but until it’s his decision I’m afraid you either put up with it or separate. Perhaps that’s the jolt he needs to get well.

Whatever you decide, don’t be alone. Tell people if you can because isolation and secrets won’t help you.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE