Sinking further into the world of Alcoholism

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      monicaj
      Participant

She is beautiful, she is intelligent and my best friend. But she is also broken, she is hurting and she is falling in alcoholism, drug abuse and self harm. Alcohol has become her way with dealing with the madness that seems to be going on in her mind. It’s not a joke, but she still laughs. It’s not funny when I’m the one picking up the pieces every single time. I will always be there for her not matter what and she knows that, hell, I’ve even had to pull her out of the bath naked, drugged up and bleeding from her wrist. But apparently that’s where I’m going wrong, people are telling me it isn’t my responsibility to always be there picking up all her broken shatters. So I really don’t know what to do any more. I’ve hit rock bottom trying to find out, but she is still sinking. She has so much potential to live a happy, wonderful life, but she can’t see the brightness. All that is there is darkness, how can I make her shine again the way she used to, how can I get the sparkle back? I need my best friend to be okay, but I feel like I am failing.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE