Sobriety & relationships (1st yr) – advice

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      fitz1991
      Participant

Hi all,

I posted about a week ago for advice on my partner (now ex) who is very early in his recovery (approx 2 months now).

Things have been pretty difficult in recent weeks, and it came to a head with a misinterpreted text (by him) last Wednesday. Then after 2 days of silence, he messaged on Friday and accused me wanting to of keep him a “shell of a human”, which was beyond hurtful given the level of support I’ve offered, and how he couldn’t thank me enough for being there for him.

It wasn’t an explicit breakup, but certainly implied. Says it’s too many expectations and analysing of his actions.

I was literally asking for the bear minimum (things I was getting a few weeks earlier that just stopped…)

Is it possible for recovering addicts to sustain relationships in the first year of sobriety?

How does the partner of the addict cope with not receiving what they need?

Should I reach out to him, or let him know I’m hear for him still.

The silent treatment is a form of torture atm, and I’m in shock that it’s ended soo quickly. Does this reflect how he feels about me, or is he just not able to communicate right now? 🙁

Thanks x

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE