son abusing drink and drugs

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      ozone99
      Participant

hi i really need some help my 28 year old son abuses alcohol and cocaine hee has been using them both for several years he had a family of his own and at present is seperated from them because of his constant benders during which he smashes things up and is quite frankly nasty. he is back home with me and his stepdaad at the moment on the condition he doesnt drink or take drugs both of which he continues to do regardless of what we say we have told him to leave but he just comes back during the middle of the night he blames everyone else on the planet for his problems he doesnt think he has a problem with drink and drugs but he does,, he was as a child diagnosed with oppositional defiance disorder which is maybe why his behaviour is so bad now but we are at the end of our tether were constantly arguing can anyone suggest what we could do

lime18
      Participant

Hi I hope this goes to you ozone99 I’m not sure if any of my posts are being seen as they just say you to you maybe it’s the stress of being the mum of an addict that’s making me a bit dippy!! X

icarus-trust
      Participant

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your story. It must be really hard for you trying to support your son with his drinking and drugs, especially as he doesn’t acknowledge he has a problem.

You might find it useful to contact The Icarus Trust, where you could be put in touch with one of our experienced trained volunteers. We are a charity that provides support for people who are having to deal with the effect of another’s addiction and talking with one of our people might help you to find a way ahead.

You can contact us on help@icarustrust.org or visit the website http://www.icarustrust.org

I hope that this helps.

lime18
      Participant

My son has gone to prison today for breaching his probation he’s never been before and it’s 4 months I don’t know how he will go on I hope to god he doesn’t get bullied or get into more drugs ..could he get help ? I would like to think so he will spend his 30th birthday there .when I can see him my daughter who is 33 and has two lovely boys of her own is going to cine with me thankfully..x

ah91
      Participant

Ozone99

I’m really sorry to hear about your son, my boyfriend has a cocaine addiction and like you I felt that there was no help when we looked for it. We tried rehabs, hypnotherapy and even travelling to get him away from the awful people that sell them drugs but as soon as he got back he would go back to his old ways. As I’ve been told in order for them to realise that they have a problem they need to be at their lowest before they admit and start recovery. Has your son ever been to rehab at all or ever admitted he had a problem in the past? When you argue is this when he is intoxicated? How frequent does he do it may I ask? I know it’s very frustrating that he’s doing this and is aware he’s hurting himself and others but stick by him no matter what there’s been so many times where I’ve wanted to turn my back on my other half but after reading online watching videos about the addictions it changes your mind set to try and help them. Just never give up I’m so glad I haven’t. My other half is now attending meetings 3 times on a weekly basis got himself a sponsor and it feels like I’m starting to see the love of my life back. Don’t give up. Xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE