son drugs and my mental heatlh

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      t32eena
      Participant

oh where do i start im the world worse mum for a start my son is 30 this year been on drugs weed coke crack now spice 

i have placed him in  jail 7 times he has served a total fo 3 years only do this as he drives to to want ot end it all 300 calls and texts a day asking for money my parents paid out out 40k in 5 years for debts dealer to our door he faked a kidnapping even got police involved in that its never endig  even when he in jail he hapy to gie my mum and address out she he rings up large debts in jail as wll he never came out clean this  this i have the court order lifted so i could help him he spent day with family saw he son we made plans things looking good  not he basck on spice asking for 100 a day im back to the 300 call a day he even rings local shops to ask them to go get me if i blank he calls even sends taxis 2am to wake me up saying taxi for luke so i know he trying to get hold of me problem is i give in and hand over every penny i got as i just want to be left alone my son hes borther did in he sleep age 27 my grandson died at bith and my dad died of covid none of which ive dealt with as my time is all on my drug addict son i know this time if i ring police he will go  to jsil for al ong time cause both times last time i have asked the court for help  so he gets like 6 month here and where hes kept he council flat as UC always pay for 6 months then done this a few times  so he luck but i no if he gets years he will lose it but i cant cope no more he got me self harming as icant deal with life myself but all he wnats is money please advise how to deal with this please

m
      Participant

Would you consider moving home?

I know you probably feel like you can’t turn your back on your son as he’s your baby but you are being terrorised due to his addiction.

you need to get an injunction and put boundaries in place.

it must be awful having dealers turning up and unless you move or he’s clean I guess this will keep happening.

I think you should get in touch drugfam they can give you some advice and with families Annonymous to join a group for families affected by a loved ones addiction. Seek some one to ons Counselling for you too around your feelings and self harm.

you must protect yourself. You are also enabling his addiction by giving him money. See it as you being kinder by stopping this.

I don’t know if this has been any help but sounds an unbearable situation.

he’s your son, you love him and I’m sure he loves u very much but he is unwell and his behaviour is unacceptable.

xx

t32eena
      Participant

i have had a restrainig order give by courts for 5 years he been to jail 7 times for breaking this he dont seem to care about it then begs me not to ring police on him again I dont no what answer is as jail he carrys on taking drugs onlt thing i can do is if he goes away again is to cut him off while in jail change numbers everything

thank you for replying

m
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Yeah I know it’s heartbreaking but mushroom try it n he may realise he’s really losing everything n get the shock he needs. I know it’s not that black and white but u can’t carry on like this.</p>
      reach out to support services

m
      Participant

<span style=”caret-color: #183264; color: #183264; font-family: Roboto, sans-serif; font-size: 18px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;”>Yeah I know it’s heartbreaking but maybe try it n he may realise he’s really losing everything n get the shock he needs. I know it’s not that black and white but u can’t carry on like this.</span>

eddie123
      Participant

If you know of anyone who is struggling with a loved ones addiction, I know of a great charity that supports people nationwide. The family support programme is remote and they help many families a year. Please see link and fill in the referral and someone will endeavour to respond within 24 hours.

https://www.adaptoxford.org.uk/support

They also provide free treatment to the substance user if they want the support themselves( under the adapt programme on their website)

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE