Son in psychosis mainly due to drugs

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      burble
      Participant

We had to get son 4 years ago from uni and then found out it was due to drugs. Fast forward today, he went back to uni but took further drugs and has been sectioned this month. Saw him today, looks awful, said he’d taken hard stuff and done various other things that have made me feel like a failure. I feel like there’s no point in it all. How do you come back from this.

unsure2021
      Participant

Your not alone ,my mum went through this with my brother , support him as much as you can and fight to get him help from the professionals, your not a failure , my son was Sectioned but he has schizophrenia, with medication, anti pscotics your son should hopefully get better soon ,it takes a while but be patient and he is in a safe place getting help but fight to get him help when he comes home , just give him love and support and also show yourself some love , it’s not your fault you’ve not failed him, your still there your still being his mum x

burble
      Participant

Thank you Unsure2021. Hope is a good thing. I feel he has the support of the mental health team. I don’t know what is out there for help, but this website is a great resource. I hope your brother gets better and love to your mum.

unsure2021
      Participant

My brother has been sober and clean for 3 years it’s been hard for him and I’m sure he still struggles but he has had a lot of help from AA ,and CA then he helped form a mental health group and went from there, thank you, I hope things get better for you and your son I’m sure they will it just takes time and a lot of patience

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE