Sons Cocaine use

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      ctm66
      Participant

Hi my 27 year old son has a history of cocaine use . He lives at home . He is currently severely depressed and threatening suicide regularly . He has reached out for support in terms of medical help and therapy for this . However I do not know what he actually tells or shares. He is taking anti depressants .

He states that he has not taken cocaine for up to 5 months but recently has . I’m not sure if I believe him in terms of him stating he hasn’t . On the one occasion he was honest but the more recent he denies despite the signs that he has .There are episodes where he has melt downs and becomes extremely agitated , aggressive and verbally abusive targeted at me as his mum. My daughter believes these are part of his come downs . I am naive about cocaine use and the effects and after affects and want to know more esp if linked to cocaine or mental health . . when he has a so called “melt down “ , he loses control of what he says and is extremely nasty and believes what he says . One thing I’ve noticed during these are his eyes – they are scary .

He also threatens suicide more at these times . I have to be honest and am now quite scared of what he could do to especially to me as I am the target of his abuse . Whilst he’s never been physically abusive, the things he says and those eyes.

ms1989
      Participant

Hope your ok

Participant

Hi, I’ve had to come back on here as my son has been hitting it hard again! We know what you’re going through my husband calls our sons eyes the devil eyes! We know all the signs, his highs, lows, verbal abuse and his sleeping it off on a come down. Ours is nearly 35, back home with us after his cocaine abuse and gambling cost him his marriage. We’ve given up thousands of pounds and I mean thousands! He told me the other day that he’s used regularly for about 10 years and done things that would upset me. Our life has been hell for nearly 4 years since his wife asked him to leave and we’re always on edge. He had a flat on his own for 18 months but then couldn’t pay his rent each month so gave it up and moved in with his girlfriend who subsequently kicked him out because he is was selfish and lazy, not getting up until the middle of the afternoon, definite sign of using! He’s about to drop another bombshell tomorrow which I suspect he owes more money. He’s been to support groups but I think he’s too pigheaded and thinks he doesn’t need them. Every parent of a coke addict has the same story and there’s nothing we can do. We have listened to the promises and lies so many times and have unfortunately enabled him to our cost. I want to ask him to leave so that he hits rock bottom but I don’t know that that will be the best suggestion really. He’s lost his wife house, flat and girlfriend but thats not made him stop and he had a massive seizure in September in front of his little boy. It was so strong he broke 2 vertabrae in his back and bit his tongue so hard it swelled up like a piece of steak. The conclusion from the consultant was he needed to change his lifestyle but has he….. No. He still sees his 4 year old but for how much longer?? I pray for you and your son, this has to be the hardest thing ever for a mother to see her son destroying himself. ???? x

lindyloo
        Participant

Hi 68862

I noticed your post and felt I had to reply to you. We spoke many times on the Theresa thread- which is still active.

I’m so sorry to hear that your son’s addiction hasn’t improved. So hard as you say watching them press that self-destruct button.

It’s also physically and mentally draining for the families who are caught up in the nightmare of addiction.

Please try and look after yourself and others in the family. We all know that a person with addiction has to be the one to seek support. Unfortunately no one can make them go.

Drugfam Adfam and Icarus trust offer counselling and advice I believe, perhaps they can help you too.

Stay strong and take care of yourself 68862.

Post here let us know how you’re doing.

Sending hugs of support ❤️

Lx

weegem
      Participant

Hi im same about believing them feel they constantly lie

weegem
      Participant

He tells,me same thing but I see his nature,and manner being up and his moods also had dealer at my door .

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE