Sons Ketamin addiction

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Caroline0808
      Participant

Hi, anyone else on here experiencing a loved one with ketamin addiction?  Its turned my once honest and loyal and caring son into someone I no longer recognise, my heart feels completely broken, hes 26 and this started about 4 years ago but since Christmas has hit a peak, has stolen from us and sold items, constant messaging for money saying people are after him basically scaring me into giving him money sold everything he could in his bedroom not sure if its funding it or debt as well, currently lives with his dad me and his dad are divorced but get on, recently now having his friends message me to get to me as I have had to block him because of the constant calls for money or saying things like I’ve been trying to think of ways to kill myself, doesn’t seem to be anything now he wont say to me to break me, he managed to get to me a few days ago via his sisters phone so I couldn’t avoid talking to him he got me hysterical with the things he was saying I honestly do not know how to handle this because I become strong and then I think of the person that he was and feel so desperate to have him back, due to meet with his dad tomorrow as a final attempt to say we will put him in rehab as neither of us can go on however we are both very close to saying enough is enough and we have to walk away, not sure how I will but there doesn’t seem any end to this and I am again in £5K of debt because of it

exhaustedmum
      Participant

As a mum I totally feel this awful heartbreaking pain. My son is now 13 years into addiction. K and alcohol, I have tried everything even having to make him homeless at one stage, or my marriage would fail.
      Not sure if this will help each situation is so different. I am emotionally and financially drained I should be 65 and retire in 7 years I don’t have a penny everything has gone on him.
      so I decided to really look after me, get stronger got brilliant counselling from Adam.
      If we are not good emotionally we can’t look after them and the other relationships in our lives. Put in non negotiable bounties, I always tell him I love him, I am compassionate but that because I love him not him behaviour which at times has been awful.
      he has used every trick in the book, he will kill himself, he will be beaten, he has lost another friend to addiction so I need to help. I know will not give him money but I will buy food and take it to him.
      He can no longer turn up unannounced I will not respond. I feel I am taking back some of the control, it’s shit, I feel guilty but only he can change this. No matter what we have tried, his family, all his friends, work colleagues, girlfriends no one can make the difference for him.
      so I desperately trying to stay strong, stick to what I say. Ensure all the family do the same. I just hope and pray that one day he will change but I know I could not have done anymore. X x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE