ssndy62

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ssandy62
      Participant

I really hope someone can help me.

I found out 6 months ago that my son is using heroin. He has just turned 34. He doesn’t live with me as we are miles apart. We talk on the phone a lot. I found out he was on a methadone script but has refused to carry on with the script. Before he started using I know he was on crack cocaine.

He tells me he has stopped taking heroin but I don’t believe him. A very good friend of my son tells me things. She is really concerned like I am.

I have given him money which from today I’m stopping. I’m at my wits end as I’ve lost a son and daughter within 12 days of each other from suicide (22 and 24 yrs old) 7 years ago which I still haven’t been able to talk about. My son hasn’t had any help for bearevment either. My son has messaged me on numerous occasions saying he has had enough and wants to end his life.

I am terrified he is going to.

I feel useless because I cant do anything to help him. I cant have him living with me as I’m on disability benefits also he has contacts where I live. I’m the only one in the family that has anything to do with him.

I would appreciate any advice that would help.

Thank you

danman83
      Participant

Im so sorry about your son and daughter. No mother should go through this. I have no experience with heroin. But id tell him get some help now. The help is there. Tell him download an app called pocket rehab. There are heroin addicts on there that help each other out. He must know what he will do to you , if you lose another child. Make him aware of that. Which im sure you have. I hope you get it sorted. Good luck

hox
      Participant

I’m sorry about the loss of your son and daughter it’s truly heartbreaking. Looks like you both need some bereavement counselling, losing another son would be devastating. Please tell him how you are feeling. I wish you both well.

icarus-trust
      Participant

Hello,

I’m so sorry to hear of your bereavement, it must be terrifying for you worrying about your son’s addiction. I just wonder if you have had any bereavement counselling which you should be able to get if you speak to your gp.

You may also like to contact us at The Icarus Trust. We are a charity that supports people going through what you are , trying to support a family members’s addiction. We have people you could talk with and they would be able to tell you what other help is out there.

You can contact us on help@icarustrust.org or visit the website http://www.icarustrust.org

I really hope that both you and your son can get some help.

All the best to you.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE