Still not getting through

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      tranquil1
      Participant

My partner of 15 years has a drink problem. He has always used alcohol as a way to forget about his problems and escape the stresses and strains of normal life. We’ve had countless occasions where he drinks to excess and never knows when to stop leading to tension between us. He is usually very remorseful when he sobres up and vows to get help etc etc but then it will happen again. He either usually agrees to give up drinking or I say he can’t drink which leads to him thinking I am restricting him when he clearly has a problem. After the latest episode of excessive drinking which was very stressful I have now said we cannot drink in the home as this is when it is the most problematic which has been in place for a few weeks. I have recommended the Allen Carr book but he stopped reading it and hasn’t really done anything off his own back to help his drinking. When we go out for a drink he will beg me to continue drinking at home. I know we really shouldn’t drink at all but as he hasn’t decided to stop himself he feels restricted which leads to more tension. Any advice or suggestions are welcome.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE