Struggling

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      ka123
      Participant

Hi guys I wrote on here before about my boyfriend who’s addicted to coke and drink/ binging

He’s been off the rails the last 4 weeks and I’m at my wits end

We were ok during the week and we had plans to meet today and tomorrow for valentines I like valentines not the gifts but spending quality time together is important to me I ordered a new outfit to feel good in lockdown.

On Thursday he was drinking I was supportive and remained calm I told him I’d speak to him when he was finished and asked him if he wouldn’t mind meeting a group as I then couldn’t bring him into my family home due to Covid . My mam still visits my nanny and she’s in her seventies so I’m careful.

He said he couldn’t promise that which was hurtful. Anywya I haven’t heard from him since I heard from one of his friends he’s drinking with a group of guys not close friends of his. He hasn’t contacted me I called and text and asked if he would let me know he’s ok he lied yesterday and said he was at home I only know he isn’t from other people.

He cancelled me today on Thursday and I know he won’t meet me tomorrow now as he’ll be drinking or hungover I know it’s a stupid day but he knew spending time was important to me I just feel very alone in this relationship feeling I can’t do it any longer that I’ve don’t everything I can do and he refuses help we are together over two years

hollieb97
      Participant

My partner binges with drink and cocaine too – it’s horrendous – the sesh we call it and sometimes he never turns up back home (we live together).

If he is ever sober and you feel you can talk to him, why don’t you try? Maybe just politely put across your outlook on things and how it does actually effect you. I appreciate with drug and drink users, you almost have to be more careful in explaining yourself. But maybe just state that being honest is so very important.

I hope he sends you something lovely at least for Valentine’s Day!

ka123
      Participant

Thanks for replying to me!!! Yes I call it going on the session too just disappearing so frustrating isn’t it!! Oh the conversation has been had many a time but look hopefully progress will be made soon

Hope you have a lovely day tomorrow too!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE