Struggling

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      janet111
      Participant

Hi my partner is on such a bender would like to know if anyone would like to talk struggling so much x

stephie86
      Participant

Hey…I’m here if you’d like to talk?

vivvief
      Participant

We are here for you

janet111
      Participant

Thank you just feel so fed up it’s constant drinking I don’t understand why he does it to himself

stephie86
      Participant

I can understand your feeling of being fed up. The best advice I can offer is not to focus on Why he does it to himself and until he figures that out you will never know, but to focus on you, how you’re feeling f and how it all makes you feel. What can you do for yourself right now to help yourself feel better. Thinking of you in this hard time and rest assured you’re not alone, use this to vent if you need to or whatever you need.

I’m here to just listen if that’s what you need

janet111
      Participant

Than you I’m starting to get scared that I’m going to find him dead one day he looks awful but won’t stop

stephie86
      Participant

The worry is constant isn’t it 🙁 it’s a horrible thing to hold on your shoulders all the time

vivvief
      Participant

I worried for so long that my brother would die, he is now 66 and still going, but he looks so much older and painfully thin. I can’t help him anymore, so just have to look after myself, which is something that can take a long time to learn. I also expect a phone call one day. This is a great place to just pour it out if you need to

janet111
      Participant

Thank you both I am so glad I found this forum it’s good to know at your darkest time there are people who truly understand x

eddie123
      Participant

Hi there, this sounds like a very difficult situation for you and I am sorry. I know of a great charity that supports people like yourselves nationwide. The family support programme is all remote and they help many families a year. Please see link and fill in the referral and someone will endeavour to respond within 24 hours. https://adaptoxford.org.uk/the-icarus-programme/

janet111
      Participant

Thank you

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE