Struggling to cope with my alcoholic boyfriend

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      lyndapayne1
      Participant

when I met my boyfriend 3 years ago he told me he didn’t drink. About 1 year ago he moved in with me for lockdown and admitted that he was an alcoholic and had been in rehab several times. I naively thought that he was cured until I found him drinking neat vodka in secret. He promised to get help and has been having online counselling. At christmas he went to his flat for a day as we thought we had covid. He didn’t answer is phone all afternoon so I went over there. I couldn’t get in and he wouldn’t answer the door. It ended with me calling the police and them knocking the door down. He was unconcious and ended up in hospital. He doesn’t remember anything but the police found a bottle of vodka and a bottle of cointreau in the bin.

Since then , I have been obsessed with checking up on him now he is back at my home. A few times , I have found him drinking again. If I suspect that he has been drinking and have no proof he gets really upset if I accuse him.

I feel like I am going crazy checking all his drink containers and his car and sometimes I just want to leave him. However, when he is not drinking he is lovely and kind and caring but this is defintely building a wedge between us.

Just wanted to know if anyone has any good coping mechanisms .It doesn’t help that my dad is an alcoholic and my ex was a heavy drinker.

I don’t drink !

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE