Surrounded by addicts

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      ttunrc
      Participant

I feel completely alone. My boyfriend and father of my child is an addict. We have been together for over 6 years and we have a 1 year old daughter together. He’s been on and off meth for a few years now. Recently I just discovered the same drug paraphernalia at my parents house. My sister and I have always had suspicion that my mother was doing drugs, but after finding a crack pipe at their house, I’m convinced that both of my parents are doing it. I literally just feel so alone. My parter is a drug addict, my parents are addicts, and I’m too embarrassed to share any of this with my friends. I don’t have many close friends anyways. But I’m just looking for words of encouragement from people in similar situations. It was just today that I found the crack pipe at my parents and they watch my daughter. I feel like I can’t allow her to be there without me anymore. Im just lost.

notmyrealname
      Participant

Hi you are not alone. I feel like this sometimes. My husband is a cocaine addict and so are all of his friends and any members of his family that he bothers to stay in touch with. Also one of my siblings is a cocaine addict, with an occasional heroin habit. Sometimes I feel like I’m just surrounded by people on drugs but I have to remember there are other people, my other siblings are not addicted to drugs. it helps to talk but I understand you not wanting to talk to friends, I was so embarrassed or nervous when I found this forum (hence the name choice lol) but as you look through the posts you see whatever you are going through there are always other people experiencing the same. You don’t have to feel alone and you definitely aren’t the only one whatever your situation.

notmyrealname
      Participant

I think it’s probably sensible that you don’t want to leave your child there alone.

It is hard things to talk with friends about but you can always come on here and someone will listen.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE