Terrified

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      alonemum
      Participant

I kept telling myself that we didn’t have a problem. If we could just get through this tough patch everything would be ok. BUT everything is not ok and that terrifies me.

I have two babies under the age of 2yrs. And a husband who is suffering from depression and likes a drink or ten. It’s like being married to Jackel and Hyde. When he’s good everything is golden. When things are bad it’s soul sucking. It’s crushing me. He has threatened suicide. Punched and cracked the windshield Infront of the children. Ripped a light off the ceiling. These things happen when we are arguing. He says I provoke him. I would like to note he has never hit me or the children. It’s always things around him. I could deal with it when it before we had kids but it’s the little things that are wearing me down. This afternoon we went to a BBQ. We arrived their about 2pm and I left with the kids at 6.30pm. when I got home I bathed the children and put baby a to bed.

I came downstairs with the toddler and I realized husband had invited people. He poured large gins for himself and our guests. Then got me a glass of procecco. Husband dissapered leaving me to entertain. When I had said goodbye to our guests. I went upstairs to find husband passed out on our bed with baby screaming on the floor next to our bed. Husband in a drunken state had taken the baby out of her cot and put her in bed with him, where he had passed out and she had rolled off the bed on to the floor. Luckily she wasn’t injured she’s (6mths).

I can put up with a lot but not when it puts my children at risk. I am terrified because my husband has always liked a drink and looking back I know he has always suffered from depression on and off. So he isn’t going to change. But I also don’t want to break up my little family. Because when things are good they are amazing. I am sooo alone, I can’t share this with any ofy family and friends. I feel so.much shame, I should be stronger than this!

Participant

Pls don’t feel shame it’s not your fault and you do your best and like me u want to help him but don’t know how or what to do

zoescripps
      Participant

I have literally just posted a similar story.. I have a 6 month old also except the father of mine has just admitted to a cocaine problem through depression.

I don’t want to break up our family but it is soul destroying trying to keep it together…

It’s easy for me to give you advice easier than it is to accept my own. But sometimes I think, is keeping a family together worth the pain and hurt and upset that you have to take on yourself?

Have you mentioned that he could maybe see a counsellor about his depression? Life is so short and I feel we should make the most of it.

tranquil1
      Participant

Hi, new here and reading through some posts. I can really relate to this having a young child and a partner with a drink problem. He is great most of the time but I have banned drinking in the home due to arguments and don’t want my son to see his father in a drunken state. I know he shouldn’t be drinking at all but we go out to drink, only a few but begs to drink when we get home. They can only help themselves but I’m really wondering what it will take to wake him up to his addiction.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE