Thank you

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      addicted
      Participant

I have been addicted to codeine for years. Today is day one of sorting my life out! This is the first time I have ever considered joining a forum like this and it is so reassuring to hear other people’s stories and some of them are really inspiring. It’s like a shared diary so just wanted to say thank you and I am hoping this site will help get me through

addiction2205
      Participant

Hi Addicted, massive well done to you for doing what you are doing and sharing this with us! Today was day one for me too but I e already bought and taken some.. reading other stories really does help me, so please keep us updated and share your ups and downs as much as you feel you want to… tomorrow is another day and another attempt for me.. I will do this, I just have to believe that for myself! Well done to you.. sending lots of love and energy your way xx

addicted
      Participant

Hi Addiction 2205

Thanks so much, means a lot to know that there are other people like me.

Just because you have taken some this morning doesn’t mean you can’t stop today.

If the ones you have already taken are the only ones you take today well that is a massive step towards day one and a massive success.

I believe you can do this. We just go to start somewhere

Keep me posted and take care

addiction2205
      Participant

Hi Addicted.. I’ve taken 8 less than I would normally take, so am trying to see it as a positive! I won’t take anymore today and tomorrow I will try and fight the argument in my head telling me it’s ok to buy some!! It’s hard not to self loathe when you’re hooked on this poison! How are you doing so far? I have tried many times to stop and successfully stopped for 4 years with the help of another forum.. Talking to others in the same boat really helped me last time, so here’s hoping that the same will happen from joining this forum! I’ve tried other support but this is the only thing that helped me before! Do you mind if I ask what dosage you were taking? Don’t feel you have to share that because let’s face it, any amount is too much!! Take care for now x

addicted
      Participant

Hi Addiction 2205

I think it sounds like you are thinking positive and that can only be a good thing.

If you don’t have any readily available then it might be easier because you have time to think about what you are doing if you have to go to a pharmacy to buy some.

Having less can only be a good thing and try to keep busy. Work has helped massively today as I am kept really busy but not looking forward to later when I have to go sleep.

I don’t mind you asking at all, I usually take between about 700mg a day but depends on how I am feeling sometimes less, sometimes more.

I can’t reduce the dose as I don’t think that would work for me so just stopping altogether as I feel quick results will make me feel better.

I agree forums like this help and I am sure you can do it again like last time.

Hope you getting on ok, take care

addiction2205
      Participant

Well done Addicted for getting through the day codeine free! I hope you’re night wasn’t too awful.. keep me posted on how you’re getting on! Stay strong today

addiction2205
      Participant

I just wanted to add that knowing you are going through this and still going to work, is really helping me knowing I have to do the same.. so thank you for sharing

addicted
      Participant

Good Morning Addiction 2205

How you getting on this morning?

Thanks for your kind words, it’s so much easier when you feel like you are not on your own!!

Well done for keep going to work – that can only be a good thing. Good luck for today and honestly I promise you feel better mentally after a codeine free day. It has to start somewhere, little

, tiny steps. I am not holding out much hope but here’s to day two.

Good luck for today and let me know how you get on

Take care

addiction2205
      Participant

Hiya, I have failed miserably again today.. I’ve taken the same amount as I took yesterday so no reduction! I have built up this fear of the withdrawals and the first sign of them, makes me run to the nearest chemist… please can you give me any advise on how I can overcome this fear and just do it!! Massive respect to you for finding the strength to do this whilst working. I have taken time off to detox in the past but end up straight back on them as soon as I return to work.. I need to find a way of overcoming the fear of working whilst going through withdrawals! Sorry for the negative rant.. I hope you’re doing ok today.. keep me updated

addicted
      Participant

Hi Addiction2205

As long as the amount you took yesterday is still less than before then that is a good thing. Small positive steps massively help.

I have not found the physical side effects half as bad as what I thought, I really feel it is fear of the unknown

Work really helps me as it keeps my mind occupied and I have been keeping a diary on my notepad on my phone to help me look at it objectively

I understand what you mean about work as codeine has always been my “go to” thing when I am stressed etc . But the more I think about it now the more I am slowly realising that codeine is the main cause of it.

I am only on day 3 and from what I have read the physical side effects only last 4 days or so here’s to hoping.

I hope this message finds you well and you are having a better day.

You can do this, everything just starts with one small step

Let me know how you get on if you want

Take care

addiction2205
      Participant

Thank you so much Addicted! Your messages really are helping.. you’ve done amazingly well and I agree with work keeping you busy! I just need to get over the fear and do it! Focus on the feeling of not relying on something to get me through the day.. the freedom of being free from codeine! Here’s to another day and another attempt.. I won’t give up until I succeed.. thank you, you are an inspiration

brian1990
      Participant

Hi Guys! Hope you don’t mind me popping in here with my story.

I’m also on day two of cold turkey and have been at work both days I feel it easier to be at work and have my mind occupied constantly, I didn’t take any where near as much as you guys I took 6 30/500 co-codamol for 2 years! I have only had minimum withdrawals however I do think the worse is yet to come!

I’m so determined never to take another single one of them. Reading others stories on this forum shows that it can be done.

Good Luck to both of you! We can do this!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE