The (angry) ones left behind

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      lexie
      Participant

sam0918
      Participant

You are allowed to be angry. His choice effect you as much as himself. I am there with you i go through so many emotions and been through so much in life that at times i feel like i am i. My 50s and have been told that on many occasions yet only turni g 30 in july. I was in therapy as a teen and i never u derstood why she said that happiness is what you make it. 15 years later and 2 kids i get it. If the worls is falling down around you look at the things you do have. Family and loved ones , food, friends if you havr some. House a job clothes and that you wake up every morning. Many people don’t have that especially during these dark times. I am a firm believer that even if your having a shitty day smile at people bc you dont k ow if tjey are having a worse day and more often then not a friendly smile can mean the world to someone. There is a show on netflix called 100 people and they did an experiment about happiness. And apparently psychologically you can make yourself a little bit happier if smile. The muscles in your face help trick your mind i to assuming your happy and release endorphins. So even if your hurting and u want to cry or scream take time to evaluate those fwelings. Feel them and then smile at the blessings you do have

lexie
        Participant

Thank you. I really needed that today. I only found this website today and it’s truly saved me from myself. Completely understand feeling older than you truly are- takes its toll- but nice to know that someone is with me. I’m gonna definitely check out the 100 on Netflix and try some of your techniques, I guess it’s hard sometimes to take a breath and think when your mind is just racing, especially during these times. Hope you and your children are keeping safe during these times as well.

Thank you again for your kindness 🙂

lexie
      Participant

Thank you 🙂

sam0918
      Participant

I have a degree in psychology and i find it funny bc i am great at giving other people advise just nit myself to a point. I always try to practice positivity. I too just came across this website yesterday and it was found at a time when i truly needed it. Glad i was a ble to help a bit.

We are okay here just suoer paranoid on my end with it. My county in pa just went from no cases to 13 and 2 deaths in a week. So i have my family on house arrest unless to the store once a week. Especially be and my toddler. I get sick super fast and easy so i am like wishing for a bubble

sam0918
      Participant

hope u are stayi g safe as well and i check on here every now and then so of you need anything even to vent i will read

icarus-trust
      Participant

Hi Lexie,

If you need any other help please contact us at Icarus Trust as we are a charity that supports people dealing with the impact of addiction in the family. One of our trained and experienced Family Friends would talk with you if you get in touch.

You can contact Icarus Trust on help@icarustrust.org or visit our website http://www.icarustrust.org

All the best.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE