The stress of not knowing…

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      krog
      Participant

Partner is alcoholic.

Our management is to abstain but I am a big part of helping with that as I abstain too with them.

Caveat: I am also Pregnant.

We are steady (no booze wise) and it was going well cos neither of us has drunk for a good chunk.

I have gone away with best pal for first time in a long time and I know (cos I know the signs) that he has started drinking. He is denying it though abs has now disappeared off the face of the earth.

He is also taking care of our dog. He does stupid dangerous shit when he drinks like leaves front doors open. And if drinks really late will just start again and doesn’t care about work, or me, Or anything. He is just a drinker and that takes over his body and mind. (God I HATE alcohol).

He has also prev gambled a LOT when drunk. And we have barred sites but this is obv a big worry for both of us.

The worry of knowing it is happening (he has now gone awol)… and I can’t manage it.

It has is totally now ruining my time away because I don’t know what is happening. Also anxiety, as hoped what we had done together he could continue when I left the country for two nights. So worries re the future.

A stressful week coming up anyway but now need to somehow make him stop Drinking from here.

How do you cope with the worry of the unknown? (And the knowledge that no baby or anything will help him stop).

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE