Tired

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      kathan
      Participant

Son just had a drug induced psychotic episode,placed in a secure mental health unit to detox.He is 38,and has abused alcohol and drugs since he was 18.
      I said he could come stay with me for a while so I could feed him up, Thank god for Primark,clothe him and attend the local rehab agency. What has taken me by surprise is what the hell do I do with all the hurt and anger stored up in me from his addiction attitude over the years. I have been telling him and other family members of his addiction problem to prescription drugs,legal highs and over the counter drugs to be told that I am paranoid.
      I want to sream my head off
      I am getting no kind

icarus-trust
      Participant

Please contact The Icarus Trust. We are a charity that supports the families and friends of addicts. Our trained volunteers have lots of experience of talking with people with similar experiences to yourself and it might help you to talk through how you are feeling so hurt and angry with someone who would understand.
      You can contact us on help@icarustrust.org or visit the website http://www.icarustrust.org
      Good luck!

bell
      Participant

I can relate to your situation. Going through the same thing.

bell
      Participant

Completely at a loss.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE