To remember the past…

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      nsights
      Participant

I have realized that my childhood circumstances were NEVER my fault. The consequences, the trauma, the pain, the drama, and the behavioral patterns that came about and bled into my adult life were not my fault. The childhood depression, low self-esteem, fear and anxiety, self-doubt, lack of self-love and cold-heartedness were not at all my own doing. I have decided to show my inner child what love TRULY is, I have decided to love the WHOLE version of who I am. I choose to allow abundance and Love and Stability into my life. I will no longer question why I was depressed as a child, I know why. Pursuing my degree in psychology has truly opened my eyes to the circumstances that helped shape who I am. My confidence in myself grows stronger. Now, no matter if my oppressor has changed some of their ways and thoughts, I must remain cognizant of the past childhood trauma and pain caused. I must NEVER take the pain and trauma lightly, as my oppressor does. The oppressor seems to overlook the past in so many instances! They say the past doesn’t matter because it’s gone. But is the past really gone if the individual is still suffering from it!?!? Sometimes the person who has done the most damage to you will NEVER acknowledge it, confront it or take accountability for the consequences that came thereafter. Instead, they make you feel as if your issues from their abuse is YOUR FAULT, but its NOT! I will no longer be tricked! Being the child of a substance abuser is one of the worst life circumstances one can suffer from. You grow into an adult that is filled with agony, pain, envy, and unhappiness, left to heal self. It doesn’t matter if you have accepted half of the truth, when you are unwilling to confront the whole truth and feel the shame you caused those you were supposed to LOVE. I see this journey of healing is not easy and takes time. I AM LOVE!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE