Torn

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      baybelle
      Participant

I have just discovered both my adult daughters are addicted to cocaine. My eldest who has her own flat has now lost her license for 3 years and will probably lose her job. She has had 2 previous mental breakdowns and gas been sectioned in the past. My youngest is totally oblivious to the lies she tells to obtain money and seems intent on continuing her substance abuse. I am supposed to be going on holiday in 3 weeks time to Greece and now I am terrified something is going to happen while I am away? I am also worried that I will be harassed and bullied for money, which becomes so stressful, she will never take no for an answer?

Should I cancel? Should I go and  leave them to it.

I feel so guilty that I have created these addicts

roo1992
      Participant

Please can someone tell me where and what does a coke addict actually do when they go missing on a bender are they actually just getting out their face or with other women. My partner hasn’t been home since Thursday after receiving his tax rebate and has completely blocked me. Why do they do this ? Any ex addicts on here that can answer these questions would really appreciate it.

Caroline0808
      Participant

I too have a son and daughter who are both addicted to ketamin, I daily think how on earth is it possible that my only 2 children have gone down this road, my son was once so loving and caring and honest now I have had to block him as the constant harrassing and bullying me for money became too much and maxed out my credit card it was the same every time, someones after me I just need to pay them £80 I fell for it everytime because they put fear in you, something I will struggle to get over, my daughter is currently living with me and my partner shes 21 wont settle into a job spends most of her day in bed as she never sleeps properly because of the issues now with her bladder due to her ketamin use and when she gets up shortly I will again approach her about what I found in her room yesterday even though one of our rules were no drugs in the house, she hasn’t once honoured that rule it will follow the same pattern she will have rage I have been in her room and she will make it into an argument about me invading her private space, forget the fact I found 2 empty bags and one half full which I washed down the sink!  You need a holiday so go! We’ve all done as much as we can this is the path they have currently chosen and I know as much as you know that you have done all you can to help and stop this from happening it seems the more I talk to her to try to get her to see sense the worse she gets I have even tried drug testing her honestly she doesn’t care she feels entitled and that she will always have a roof over her head with me or her dad but that will soon come to an end with me as I cannot take anymore, I am on anti depressants and tablets to help me sleep this is ruining my life I am just existing waiting to see what the next sh!t storm will be, take care x

LiilleSunshine
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>You need to go on holiday. I never went for 2 years but nothing changed they will take drugs whether you are here or on the moon. They will get drugs with or without money</p>
      My son sits in his car smoking crack and sniffing ketamin he’s got so many parking tickets for overstaying in car parks. He will do this whether I’m here or on holiday I have learned that lesson so now I simply go and leave him. My house is insured id it catches fire and if I was burgled well there’s nothing left anyway my son has stolen and sold it all. My life is bad enough I don’t want to make it worse for myself

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE