Using in our home…any advice?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Lozzy80
      Participant

Like.many times before , my husband has gone off the rails again. Has had deliveries despite making it clear this is forbidden under any circs after previous scares of dealer debts .. and he is using through the night for nights /days on end… It causes me huge anxiety because he isn’t steady on his feet and a couple.of.times has nearly caused a fire from cooking whilst wrecked out his mind

We both live here. I have asked him to leave when using but he has no family or friends to go to. I do have family but if I leave him on his own I will.just worry even more about what he is up to..

Just at my wits end and don’t know what to do!

FrazzlePop24
      Participant

Gosh, that’s horrendous.

Same with my brother too – uses whilst our disabled brother is asleep in the same room as him.

I’ve made an anonymous referral to social services, since he came in shouting the odds recently – he’ll just think it was the neighbours

Lozzy80
      Participant

Hi frazzlepop

I just replied on your own post , your situation sounds truly awful too

With us I doubt ss will get involved , no one is vulnerable…well he is and already under the mental health team so if I think he will attempt.suicide or should be sectioned I could.call them ..but as soon as they know he is intoxicated they will just put it down to that..

I did open up to a close friend once but she didn’t really get it… I got the impression she thought I was catastrophising and he isn’t really that bad…he is VERY switched on when he  needs to be , and (did have) a very respectable job etc…so outsiders would be gobsmacked if they knew what he was like indoors.  I just know it’s going to be impossible to get him to leave so he will live here forever at this rate whilst I pay the entire mortgage and bills (he has his own wage but it all goes on that stuff, yes all of it!).  If I don’t pay the bills my own job , and the home , would be at risk. I feel so stuck and have been going round and round on this dilemma for many years now

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE